[FIXED] [CL] 'Not expanded to Ops' when trying to build multilevel apartments

by mnemonic21

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] "Not expanded to Ops" when trying to build multilevel

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

OMG!This solution of deleting the staircase at next unit and bulldozing the another with "Not expanded Ops" unit worked.

I was having problem bulldozing the 701 ZenView Apartment .

I just purchased Jungle adventure and Outdoor Retreat yesterday after the latest game patches download.

Then when I try to bulldoze 701 Zen View today, There was the "Not expanded Ops" error. I can't even use the sledge hammer to destroy internal room wall for any room or adjust the wall either. 

It's the first time for me to be in this forum and your suggestion worked! Standard smile

P.s: It's 6 am and I have not been sleeping since the day before because I was trying to figure out how to fix this problem. I can sleep at peace now.

Thank you!

Message 41 of 118 (3,898 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Pekopon13 You’re welcome! The zen view apartments are the only place I’ve encountered this issue, but if it pops up again my suggestion is to make sure to check what objects are up against the wall in the lot next to it. That’s what happened here. The stairs clipped into the lot.
Message 42 of 118 (3,878 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@SinkingSkeever Noted. I did realize when building the 702 Zenview, the 701 Zen View staircase was visible somehow. Guess this is the problem at ZenView apartment with 2 stories floor. Thanks for the advice and have a good weekend! Standard smile
Message 43 of 118 (3,832 Views)

★ Novice

Has anyone looked at this as this didn’t happen before this new update now I can’t add stuff from gallery or bulldoze walls in penthouses 

Message 44 of 118 (3,670 Views)

Re: Can't delete ladders on apartment walls.

★★★★ Novice

My 702 apartment won't let me build any interior walls at all, or edit any existing. I can move doors but not build walls or bannisters. Anyone else having this issue with apartments? 

It keeps saying "not expanded to Ops" 

Message 45 of 118 (3,629 Views)

Hero
@playermttjms I moved your post over to the thread on that but yes, the apartment is pretty much broken and has all kinds of issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 118 (3,608 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict thank you for letting me know, I'll attempt the stair deletion suggested here and see if they fix anything!
Message 47 of 118 (3,602 Views)

not expanded to ops

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by bulldozing the 702 zenview apartment
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to delete the walls in 702 zenview it doesn't let me do it and instead gives a message 'not expanded to ops'
What do you expect to see? i should be able to delete the walls inside the apartment
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I haven't had this issue until the newest patch and I know that some changes to balconies have been made for the apartments in aco lifestyle pack, so I'm wondering whether that's the thing that affects the apartments with balconies.

I've been having issues with the apartments that have balconies, mainly 702 zenview, that doesn't let me delete any walls. and the Culpepper apartment with the balcony isn't letting me place a room on the edge of the balcony even though it's within the limits.

Message 48 of 118 (3,591 Views)

★★★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? Dutch
What is your current game version number? latest patch (june 4th 2020)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except eco lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? moving/deleting walls in 702 zenview apartment
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to delete the walls in 702 zenview it doesn't let me do it and instead gives a message 'not expanded to ops'
What do you expect to see? i should be able to delete the walls inside the apartment. This is how apartments worked before the june patch
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? a few mods, nothing related to building.

I am having similar problems

I can't build in zenview apartment 702. I cannot edit or delete the existing walls

I am also expierencing problems with the culpeper apartments number 17 and 19. When I try to place an apartment (room) from the gallery, it doesn't let me.

Message 49 of 118 (3,523 Views)

"Not expanded to Oops"

★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get to Work, Holiday Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go to San Myshuno 2. Enter Build Mode at IX Landgraab Apartment 3. Try to Place a Wall
What happens when the bug occurs? Wall does not get placed, receive an error message in a red bubble with white text that says "Not expanded to Oops" Cannot place a room When you try to bulldoze the lot you just get stuck on the loading screen forever
What do you expect to see? Walls being placed normally...the ability to build in the apartment...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch after the June 3 Update

Screenshot attached. Please fix this, I did not have this issue before the recent patch

Message 50 of 118 (3,441 Views)