Re: [OPEN] [CL] 'Not expanded to Ops' when trying to build multilevel apartments

by fancypants28-2

Original Post

Re: Can’t edit walls or remove in city living apartments

Hero

@Q8Simer 

Both Zenview apartments have always had problems when you try to build in them.  If you do a search here you will find a lot of posts about those problems going back to when City Living was released.  The problems come and go too.  Sometimes you can do things and sometimes you can't.  It's really random and inconsistent.  

At times I have not been able to bulldoze the lot (you really don't want to do that as it is nearly impossible to edit afterwards).  Ladders will get stuck if placed against the perimeter walls.  The stairs sometimes can't be replaced and the list goes on.

My advice to you is don't try to do too much and do things incrementally if you're doing it in your main save.  Otherwise, you may find yourself in the position of having a non-functional lot.

The one thing I have be able to do consistently is replace it with a copy from my library.

So if you want to remodel the lot anyway, I suggest you do it in another save with no mods or cc and if you are successful, save the remodeled lot to your library and use it to replace the one in your main save.

Hope this helps.

Message 91 of 118 (1,529 Views)

Re: Can’t edit walls or remove in city living apartments

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This is so bizarre to me. 
Never in all my years of playing the sims 4 have I ever encountered this issue. I’ve bulldozed and remodelled this lot countless times and suddenly, I can not. The last time I played on this lot was prior to the Eco Lifestyle game release. So unsure if the issue, for me at least, came about then, or if it popped up after the knitting one? It sure wasn’t around before those I’m certain of that. I have old game saves prior to EL in which the apartments are completely re-done.

Really hope the game devs can sort this out because it’s really inconvenient, and clearly if it’s a glitch with stairs, windows or doors between apartments overlapping it’s a “them” issue. And I would expect them to remedy that.

As far as I can tell deleting the stairs in both apartments allows you to modify one, but not the other. So I guess we’ll have to pick our favourite in the meantime and hope nobody moves in next door into an inconvenient half an apartment with no access to their second floor Large smile😂😂😂

Message 92 of 118 (1,488 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] "Not expanded to Ops" when trying to build multilevel

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@SinkingSkeever YES! thank you following what you did solved the issue for me thank you!! 😁❤️

Message 93 of 118 (1,473 Views)

Re: Cant Build in Apartments

★★ Novice

Ive been trying to do  an apartment build for months but this error is so annoying. nothing i do can fix it. ive tried taking all my cc out (eyelashes and eye colors, thats all i have) and it will just not work. literally augest 2020 and this is still a problem. i tried a few months ago and completely gave up because of how annoying it is. i really , REALLY, hope this gets fixed because i cant place down any walls literally at all or il get this message (702 Zenview)

Message 94 of 118 (1,387 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] 'Not expanded to Ops' when trying to build multilevel apartments

★ Novice

You need to remove the stairs in the lot. In 702 and maybe even in 701. The problem is the missing ceiling because of the stairs, I guess. Hope I could help Standard smile

Message 95 of 118 (1,307 Views)

Re: "Not Expanded to Ops" when trying to build on 702 ZenView

★★★★★ Newbie

I just installed the new update and i got this problem. I had edited the apartment walls before and had no issues. I tried deleting the stairs in my apartment and i still have the problem. I just wanted to edit the walls i put before but i can't.

Hopethis helps ea fix it.

Message 96 of 118 (1,262 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Also having this issue. I downloaded Srsly Sims's blank save a while back and started slowly rebuilding the lots. I get to the Feng household, and it won't let me build anything on it, so it's just stuck as a blank apartment for now.

Message 97 of 118 (1,168 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I too can't build or bulldoze 2 level apartments. The most restrictive one is 702 zenview where I can't build or delete any walls at all. 

Message 98 of 118 (1,069 Views)

★★★★ Novice

THANK YOU to SinkingSkeever
I was running into this bug on VIII Landgraab, when I tried to bulldoze it would freeze the entire game. 
When I tried to manually delete everything inside, attempting to remove walls would give the Not expanded to ops error
I was searching forever for what was causing this. I had come across a different thread that mentioned glass dance floors caused bugs. I know glass roofs cause bugs. But neither of those were applicable.
Turned out it was the stairs in the neighboring apartment. After I removed those I was able to bulldoze VIII Landgraab no problem.

Message 99 of 118 (1,034 Views)

★★ Novice
@JessaMynx me too! ZenView was fine for me.
Message 100 of 118 (1,017 Views)