Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] No ultra speed while living in Apartments

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in apartment while everyone is asleep
What happens when the bug occurs? Super speed doesn't kick in
What do you expect to see? Super speed to kick in
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There seems to be a recurring issue regarding super speed when working and sleeping. It has really only been an issue since City Living. It looks to have something to do with the festival locations. When there are no festivals going on, ultra speed works fine. As a side note, there seem to be many issues with speeding up time in general. Such as the clock becoming out of sync with what the in game time actually is.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 79 (53,695 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [City Living] No super ultra fast speed when working or sleeping

Hero

Ultra Speed now works while Festivals are in progress. Some conspiracy can be said about Festivals wanting Simmers to enjoy them in all their glory… at a normal speed at every speed, but these are just conjectures… yes.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Patch notes explicitly mention festivals as being fixed so if you still have issues in apartments, create a new thread

use this thread if you have pets: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-No-Ultra-Speed-While-Pets-are-on-lot/m-p/6548391#M5614...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 79 of 79 (9,300 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

My ultra fast speed has stopped working all together - quite frustrating when my Sim is at work or sleeping. I did notice before that it wouldn't work during festivals, but a couple of days ago it just stopped working completely, even when there are no festivals happening.

Message 2 of 79 (53,493 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 79 (53,461 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] No ultra speed while a festival is going on

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Herowebrine and @jillyybeanz Would you be happy to provide a save file to myself or @crinrict where this is occurring? 

Message 4 of 79 (53,427 Views)

[TO TEST] [CL] Super Ultra Speed not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello fellow simmers

Ever since I bought the City Living DLC My super ultra speed has not been working sometimes, recently not at all. You know when the speed automatically changes to super fast when you are at work or asleep? That speed. It could be the neighbours always on the move but I want a genuine answer which includes how to fix this.

It's destroying me on the inside as I have to sit an extra minute or two because I can only toggle between speeds 1,2 and 3.

Thank you for whatever answer I might get 

Message 5 of 79 (53,484 Views)

Re: Super Ultra Speed not Working in City Living

Hero

There is a bug that it doesn't kick in when a festival is going on.

Is this during the night and are the NPCs roaming about in the hallway or do they come into your apartment ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 79 (53,476 Views)

★★ Novice

This is during the night and work. I dont think this is because my neighbours are walking around. This happens whether there is a festival or not. I might try switching apartments sometime and see what happens.

Message 7 of 79 (53,457 Views)

Hero

Which apartment are you currently living at ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 79 (53,448 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having exactly the same issue.

I've moved apartments and districts and it's the same problem.

Night and at work, the super ultra speed looks like the time is wirring past, but often it's not actually moving at all, if I pause it or press play, it often jumps back by an hour or so - the sleep need (or whatever was going up) also jumps back in line with the time which can make sleep take forever - and work.

During the day, the super ultra speed doesn't seem to go any faster than fast forward which is only slightly faster than normal play - so skills take forever to increase.

This seems to happen whether super ultra speed has been triggered automatically or i have chosen it.

The game is becoming unplayable. I've had to turn on cheats (which I was trying to avoid) so that I can avoid having to sleep - however, it takes the fun out of it, especially as ANY action that I want to finish quickly takes 5 x longer than it should. It's almost like attempting to play the game on the slowest setting.

Nothing to do with festivals.

No CC or Mods installed.

Happens on all save games.

Fresh install of base game and expansion at the weekend.

Computer running much higher spec than required.

PLEASE HELP

Message 9 of 79 (53,424 Views)

★★ Novice
This is my exact problem. Thanks for stating it in your way.

The ultra speed has been doing better recently as I started a new save but sometimes it screw s up. Right now I live in the Fashion distrcit where the apartment trait is "need fixing" and before I lived in the one next door
Message 10 of 79 (53,412 Views)