by LaurenVillone

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] NPCs take food ordered by active Sim

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living; Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Going to food (Vietnamese) stall, haggling for price, and then ordering food.
What happens when the bug occurs? It looks like another Sim comes up and takes my food before it's handed to me. My money is taken, but I don't get my food.
What do you expect to see? My food should be handed to me.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just installed City Living a few days ago, and twice now I've tried to order food at a food stall (Vietnamese), after I've haggled for a lower price, and another Sim immediately comes up and seems to take my food. I don't get food from the vendor, and the only option is to order more food. But my money has already been taken. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 20 (4,260 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] NPCs take food ordered by active Sim

★★ Apprentice

This has happened at vendors, in bars, and in restaurants for my Sims. It's frustrating, because I often play Rags to Riches and am treating my hard working Sim to a rare festival or holiday meal out. The Sim doesn't have Simoleons to waste.

Message 2 of 20 (4,141 Views)

★ Guide

I noticed this at the Romance festival last night. My sim had to order her dinner five times because another sim walked past and collected it before she did. I don’t recall it happening prior to the most recent patch, but my sims don’t eat out often enough for me to be certain it didn’t exist before. 

Message 3 of 20 (4,102 Views)

★★ Guide

@raemelle This happens to me all the time at cafes:/ I have to watch the barista closely to make sure I pick up my food within seconds of them putting it down. 

Message 4 of 20 (4,072 Views)

★ Guide

it happens in my game as well, but it doesn't bother me too much.

There are worse bugs

Message 5 of 20 (4,046 Views)

San Myshuno Food Stalls — Other Sims swiping food my sim paid for

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino Stuff, Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the San Myshuno food stalls and try to order something.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim has had to place their food order three times. Every time she orders and it charges her, other sims that do not have the klepto trait will swipe it. I’ve tested it three separate times and it’s happened at every festival or food stall.
What do you expect to see? The sim order their food and get to take it from the stall and eat it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim will go to a festival or food stall in San Myshuno and she’ll have to order three separate times (and she gets charged every time) before she can successfully take her order. The food is being swiped by sims without the klepto trait as well. No mods are installed. Is anybody else having the same issue?

Message 6 of 20 (4,066 Views)

Re: San Myshuno Food Stalls — Other Sims swiping food my sim paid for

Hero

@samicharae 

What you describe has been going on from the start with the food stalls.  It is part of the game as far as I can tell.

My advice to you is watch the timing on when you order and try to do that when there are no other sims in front of the booth.  Hard to do at times if there's a crowd.  Don't try to have more than one of your active sims try to order at the same time either.  Usually, when you do, one of them doesn't get their order and you have to reorder.

Hope this helps.  

Message 7 of 20 (4,047 Views)

Re: San Myshuno Food Stalls — Other Sims swiping food my sim paid for

★★★ Guide

I'm sure it's design, and I like it too, if they steal you food, no worries, steal someone else's food before they take it, it works both ways!

Message 8 of 20 (3,849 Views)

Other sims steal my drinks and vendor stall food!

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Do you have this issue? In my game other sims often steal my drink when I order from the bar (in nightclubs, bars and karaoke bars) or when I order something from a stall vendor, some other sim takes my order! It's really infuriating, especially if my sim is low on funds. I'll usually reset the thieving piece of.. sim and then take my food. 

I can't be the only one with this, right? I couldn't find another post about it..

edit:

So I found a bug report about NPCs stealing food at vendor stalls! Go click "Me too" if you experience it too! I haven't found a thread about stealing drinks yet so I'm not sure if I should create a separate one for it.. Trying to catch someone redhanded to get a screenshot.

Message 9 of 20 (3,540 Views)

Re: Other sims steal my drinks and vendor stall food!

★★★★ Expert

Yes, this happened to my klepto Sim.  I shouted, "Hey, that's MY shtick!" as Mortimer Goth made off with her dinner.  Wink

Message 10 of 20 (3,511 Views)