by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] NPC played Sims sell/buy their stuff at flea market

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play rotationally and have lots of stuff in the inventory of your currently non-played Sims. Then attend a flea market and check how they sell the stuff there.
What happens when the bug occurs? Played but currently not active NPCs sell the stuff from their inventory at the flea market
What do you expect to see? Played Sims not being picked as vendors or if they are, selling generic stuff and not stuff from their inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

See above 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 27 (4,928 Views)

[CL] Please stop picking PLAYED sim as a vendor already :(

★★ Guide

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have many PLAYED households. 2. Go to flea market or art museum. (both located in SM)
What happens when the bug occurs? Most of the time I saw my PLAYED sim are picked as vendor. And EA force them to sold all of their inventory, such as medicine and camping goods.
What do you expect to see? Really, Would you please stop this already? (Can someone know a mod to prevent this thing? Pick UNPLAYED hosueholds...)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 1 of 27 (5,215 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Unwanted items automatically added into PLAYED sim's inventory

★ Novice
I also have the issue that my 'played household' collections automatically complete in many cases in rotational gameplay (especially the my sims figurines and snow globes) which I do not like as I would like to finish the collections myself.
Message 2 of 27 (5,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Do you have city living/GTW and they visit the flea market/retail stores  ? Do you see those Sims as sellers for the flea market ?

This might be a general NPC issue cause I remember when GTW came out, they said no stuff Sims buy should be added to the inventory to prevent performance issue. So this might have changed for some reasons and I would also classify this as a bug but it might not necessarily be a played household issue but a general one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 27 (5,199 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Yes, I do have both. I do believe it is caused by Sims becoming set as vendors at the flea market and I actually stopped going to it in the hope I could prevent this but it did not help. They go from having nothing in the inventory and barely any collectibles to completely filled inventories and completed collections.

Message 4 of 27 (5,183 Views)

★ Pro

Had a sim at the Casbah Gallery in SM.  When I rotated the camera, I saw the sim I use for jungle exploration standing by a sales table.  Was not thrilled to see his supplies on the table, nor one of his sim ray guns, serum or herbalism brew.  I didn't have the sim approach him, nor did I see any other sims near the table, but had the sim I was then playing leave the lot pretty darn quickly.

I'm not positive how many of each adventuring supplies were in his inventory, so I can't be sure any of them were sold.  His upgraded ray gun was missing from his personal inventory when I rotated back to the household.  I had not counted remaining supplies used while in Selvadorada because I certainly had not expected them to show up on a sales table unless I had been controlling the sim.  The snow globe collection did not complete, though, which is a good thing.

This was problematic for me as the household was low on funds at the time and of course, even though that ray gun was gone, no money was added to the household account.  Personal inventory items should not be sold for any played sim selected to act as an NPC vendor.  Obviously, they can't receive money for the items while in an NPC role and in this case, they were objects I didn't want sold at all.  I can't help but wonder if the sale of items would have been worse had he been placed at a flea market rather than outside the gallery lot.

Message 5 of 27 (5,188 Views)

Champion
I don't think NPCs will buy anything from these tables if you aren't the active player in control of the table.

But if you leave before the sim tending the table has a chance to clear it and scoop the things back into their inventory, I think you can lose all of the stuff.

It happened to my sim comedian who tried to sell all the invisible comedy routines from his inventory.

There is a chance that the stuff will be returned to the sim if it knew the ownership - sometimes you will find all the stuff that was on the table in the household inventory in build/buy mode.
Message 6 of 27 (5,179 Views)

★ Pro

Thank you for taking the time to provide input @simvasion .  I wouldn't have thought NPCs would have bought from the table either but the fact remains the ray gun disappeared.  It wasn't just placed into household inventory, I checked.  At the very least an inventory reload problem occurred.

I don't usually even notice a sales table on that SM Gallery lot because I'll have a sim there to paint, woodwork or play a musical instrument.  Consequently, I couldn't even say whether or not the sales table gets packed up by an NPC sim.  If I run into this again, I'll watch more carefully.

Nothing negates the fact that since January of this year I've run into more problems caused by played sims being selected for an NPC role than ever before.  It didn't use to bother me and I sometimes got a kick out of seeing just who might be thrust into an NPC role.  Now, though, I cringe at the sight of seeing an NPC role filled by one of my played sims.  

Message 7 of 27 (5,168 Views)

Champion
The gun disappeared because it went poof when the table was despawned. Sims picked to be vendors on that Arts Quarter table don’t tend to clear it from what I’ve seem. They either leave the area with everything left on the table or the table despawns after lot travel or the stall switch that happens at around 2am.

At the Flea Market though, 1 hour before the festival ends you will see the vendors there empty the table and then they either leave or go eat at the stalls as a regular festival guest would do.

I like seeing my sims in these roles and in the past you could expect a return of all the things on the table in the home inventory. But not since the recent patches. Now everything in the table is deleted.

They just need to make it so that if they become a vendor, they sell stuff that is generated just for that moment and doesn’t use their existing inventory items or go into their inventory when the role is over.
Message 8 of 27 (5,158 Views)

New objects in household inventory that weren't found during play

★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base Game, Dine Out, City Living, Bowling
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Items appear in the household inventory that weren't there when household was saved.
What do you expect to see? No new items.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure if this is due to a setting I may have selected, but I've noticed that occasionally when I load a Sim there are things in their household inventory (the live mode one) that weren't there when I exited the game.  Usually it's fireworks from festivals (which you can see in the pic), but today, when I loaded a house I hadn't played for a while his inventory was FULL of rock samples.  Twenty of them.  There were new paintings and new sheet music as well. Is this a glitch or a setting?  I have the autonomy setting turned on, but I didn't think it affected them while they're not in play.  I don't have auto-age on.

Message 9 of 27 (5,000 Views)