[CL] 888 Spire Apartments makes me so frustrating..

by aeglos1989

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] Modifying Certain Apartments deletes Exterior Wall Pattern

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Choose any of the following apartments: Spire Apartments, 1312 21 Chic St, and IX Landgraab 2) Enter lot in build mode 3) Bulldoze lot
What happens when the bug occurs? The exterior wall pattern has been removed in some areas that are inaccessible to the player.
What do you expect to see? Exterior wall patterns that cannot be accessed by the player should not be modified by actions taken, such as bulldozing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New in City Living

When in Build Mode in 888 Spire Apartments, changing walls or floors removes wallpaper on outside of building but when going to put wallpaper back, it says "cannot make changes outside owned area".

Note - updated the original entry to fit the new forum format (BryonyRae)

Message 1 of 25 (15,945 Views)

Re: Build Mode in 888 Spire Apartments

Hero (Retired)

@taysto93 I see a problem with this lot in that if you bulldoze it, some exterior wall patterns are removed and cannot be replaced.  As you note, you are not allowed to make changes to the exterior, which is by design, but the original wall pattern should not be removed.  You don't mention that you bulldozed the lot, so I'd like to know which specific steps you took that also removed the exterior wall pattern, if you wouldn't mind.  I'm also going to test the other apartment lots to see if this occurs elsewhere.

Message 2 of 25 (15,868 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This problem applies to Spire Apartments, 1312 21 Chic St, and IX Landgraab.  Steps to reproduce:

1. Enter lot in build mode
  2. Bulldoze lot
  3. Observe exterior wall pattern has been removed in some areas

The problem with this behavior is that the exterior wall pattern cannot be restored unless you undo the action(s) that caused it to go missing.

Message 3 of 25 (15,861 Views)

★★★ Newbie

At first I was just trying to change the interior walls, I added a wall on the second floor and that resulted in the pattern being deleted. Then I noticed the second floor is split so in trying to make the second floor a whole resulted in the pattern being deleted. I also did bulldoze in testing after noticing the pattern kept being deleted and that also deleted the pattern. I haven't noticed this happening in other apartments.

Message 4 of 25 (15,859 Views)

Sims 4: City Living Bug

★★★ Newbie

So there is an issue with the new expansion: City Living. On the building 888 Spire Apartments, the North West facing side on the middle floor, with the piano, if any changes occur to the wallpaper or room, the exterior loses the wallpaper, and it is outside our area to change or fix. Something that should be looked into.

I took a screen shot to show you the issue, I hope it can be fixed soon

Message 5 of 25 (15,773 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue and i noticed that there are "invisible" walls in the room..

If you delete the showed cross the exterior wall stuff goes away. Any idea why that happens?

Message 6 of 25 (15,768 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

Is there a fix for this issue? I've had the same issue in the IX Landgraab Apartment, after expanding the upper level of the apartment to the edge of the lot (so that instead of the upper level being opened, it was floored like a room). I tried to undo the issue but the exterior wall is still just drywall, versus the normal paint its meant to be.

@BryonyRae

Message 7 of 25 (15,611 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@nathangecan No fix in yet, I'm afraid.  It's odd that undoing the action(s) didn't revert the wall style...  I just did the same thing you described on the same apartment in my game, and undoing it all the way back did restore the wall style for me.  Perhaps you needed to undo one more time...

Message 8 of 25 (15,542 Views)
Highlighted

[CL] 888 Spire Apartments makes me so frustrating..

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebration Pack, Get to Work, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Get Together, Romantic Garden Stuff, Dine Out, City Living, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to change the pattern of the wall, the floor or even move the structure inside.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I was trying to change the pattern of the wall and floor in this apartment, exterior wall just changed to a different colour(same pattern though) and I couldn't change it back, unless I redo it. But it means I couldn't do any renovation.
What do you expect to see? The exterior wall should stay the same colour even pattern when I trying to do anything in build mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

the video link: Click me!

Message 9 of 25 (13,880 Views)

Re: [CL] 888 Spire Apartments makes me so frustrating..

Hero

Tagging  @BryonyRae for this

Please don't put any other tags then the EP tags yourself or your issue might get overlooked.

Its my way of keeping track of the status.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 25 (13,854 Views)