[ARCHIVED] [CL] Landlord doesn't leave

by KonekoFoxglove

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] [CL] Landlord doesn't leave

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

When I call the land lord he doesn't leave after he is finished repairing things. Even if my sim leaves the apartment and returns he is still there. The only way to get him out is to either take him with me when I travel or to make my sim ask him to leave. However  my relationship with him goes down after the 'ask to leave' interaction which causes him to not wanting to come and repair things anymore. 

Also when I ask him to leave the message pops up that he is annoyed that I called him im vain (I'm not playing the English version so I am not sure about the exact wording), even though he just repaired things. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 16 (10,321 Views)

Re: Repairman doesn't leave

Hero

Do you mean the land lord or the actual repair man ? 

What kind of things did you call for ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (10,231 Views)

Re: Repairman doesn't leave

★★ Guide

Thank you for your fast reply, Crin! Sorry for the confusion, I meant the land lord. It happens with everything I call him for. Be it the mice, the *roaches, the blocked garbage disposer in the hallway, the utility box or the pipes. I'm currently playing the German version of the game. 

Message 3 of 16 (10,220 Views)

Re: landlord doesn't leave

Hero

I see that too and I've seen many others post about it as well

I've added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (10,206 Views)

Re: landlord doesn't leave

★★ Guide

Thank you! Standard smile 

Message 5 of 16 (10,194 Views)

Re: [OPEN] ServiceNPC won't leave

★★ Novice

This happens to me, but with the landlord with the City Living expansion. Its very annoying when they start watching TV or eating your food. Have to physically ask them to leave otherwise they just won't.

Message 6 of 16 (10,093 Views)

Landlords are broken and other bugs experienced today

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
My Sims Landlord will come to solve a problem then stand at the elevator, and disappear or come in to fix a problem and at like a regular guest instead.

So nothing ever gets fixed expect that like one in a million chance that she's able to repair whatever is wrong. But she is growing in handiness skill and STILL is useless and fixing the problems

EDIT:

So are the circuit breaker boxes, which will not let you continue to select it even though it's still broken. It won't work even after resetting the object. And it doesn't brake again.

My landlord went to the festival but glitches back into his repair mode and I had him come back by making a group and he auto fixed the problems, but this is the second time discovering that the circuit boxes are broken.

There are no mods in my save files.

EDIT: Sims talking and interacting through apartment doors and walls as well.

EDIT: City living texts for secret events don't work, after agreeing to to nothing happens. EVER!

And also cannot harvest from the new plants at all.
Message 7 of 16 (9,419 Views)

Re: Landlords are broken and other bugs experienced today

★★ Novice

I had similar situation described here, but the difference is that I tried to ask the Landlord to leave, using "Ask to Leave" and "Goodbye" interactions. A few of those times my Sim was doing this while also multi-tasking (Painting), so not sure if this is suppose to work in this situation. When a second SIM in the same apartment call the Landlord to fix a cockroaches problem, with the Landlord still acting as a member of the household, the Landlord was gone and did not return. This might have fixed the problem.

Using Sims 4 based game + CL + GT expansion with no Mods, but a couple of CC's objects in the saved file.

Message 8 of 16 (9,307 Views)

★★★ Guide

Giving this a "me too." I am definitely have this exact issue in my game. While the landlord doesn't stay indefinitely, they definitely stick around for a very long time, often until the next morning. That's usually much too long for my liking, so I typically end up having to ask them to leave.

Message 9 of 16 (8,711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Yep, seeing this in my game too. The landlord typically stays for a full day after repairing what I called them for. She usually goes straight for the TV or the bookcase.

For whatever reason in my game, may be a mod conflict, I don't have the option to ask her to leave either.

Message 10 of 16 (8,489 Views)