by JackOnYourBack

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] Harvestable Plants Overlap at the Spice Festival

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventures, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the Spice Festival and look at the harvestable plants.
What happens when the bug occurs? The harvestable plants at the Spice Festival are overlapping.
What do you expect to see? That the harvestable plants at the Spice Festival don't overlap.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure when this started to happen and how often it happens, since the Spice Festival is only every other sim-week and it takes a while to visit it several times. I have only visited the festival maybe two times (it's hard to remember exactly because I visit each festival quite often) after the first time I noticed this.

Anyway, the plants at the Spice Festival overlap. I had repaired the game just before the first time I noticed this, and I have repaired the game after the first time I noticed this.

Example pictures:

DoublePlants1.png

Grape bush and sage bush overlapping.

DoublePlants2.png

Grape bush and mushroom cluster overlapping.

DoublePlants3.png

Only option is "Look at mushroom cluster" when there are mushrooms to harvest, this means that two or more mushroom clusters overlap each other so that only one of them is clickable.

I haven't seen this happening with the harvestable plants at the Romance Festival.

Message 1 of 17 (4,520 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Harvestable Plants Overlap at the Spice Festival

★★★ Pro

I am also experiencing this in my game.

05-30-20_5-28-48 AM.png

Message 2 of 17 (4,390 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I took a look in another save file the other day, and the plants overlap there too. That save file is from 2016 I think, and the one I saw this in first is from 2019.

Message 3 of 17 (4,359 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I'm pretty sure this goes back to one of the earlier bugfixes. Some of the festival plants used to spawn outside the pots but they caused routing errors. The fix was putting them all in the pots, so now we have more plants than pots, which means some of the pots have more than one plant.

Message 4 of 17 (4,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I haven't seen this in my game for a while at the Spice Festival.  Please see the picture below:

07-03-20_5-37-49 PM.png

I am still seeing the plants overlap at the Romance Festival.

Message 5 of 17 (4,265 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I am still experiencing this issue. I play on PlayStation.

Grape and Sage

Mushroom and Parsley

Message 6 of 17 (4,184 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've had the same issue for years. The plants used to spawn all over the place at the romance festival and when they fixed that 'now' we have more plants than pots at the spice festival. 

Message 7 of 17 (4,142 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Harvestable Plants Overlap at the Spice Festival

★★ Pro
@SqueamishNerd Bumping this thread up since I'm so tired of Spice district being so damn buggy but also "Titta på Svampklunga" is for some reason the funniest thing I've seen all day :DD (k I'm kinda tired) I always play games in English so I couldn't see myself using my native and if I were to do it, I couldn't stop laughing. :D
Message 8 of 17 (3,770 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

And after the festival was finished..

20.jpg

The harvestables are remained in the air..

I don't use any mod related with build buy mode or don't play game while turning on the move cheat. I use move cheat rarely, and always turn it off after using. The spice festival was hold on last Friday, and now it's Monday night but they are still remained in the air.

Message 9 of 17 (3,644 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Have this issue on PS5 also. Then after the festival is finished, the harvestables hang around in the air.

The Sims™ 4_20220309172212.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20220309172232.jpg

Message 10 of 17 (3,245 Views)