Re: [OPEN] [CL] Food stalls disappear after going into CAS/Manage Worlds

by siirysiir

Original Post

Food stalls/vendors disappear after going to CAS/saving exit

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? E, EL, DU, IL, GF, S, CD, CL, GT, GW, JA, P, DO, SD, OR, NK, TL, M, MFP, LD, T, F, B, KR, RG, MH, S, CK
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit Waterside Warble for Spice Festival, save-exit-come back in, or just go on a normal day go into CAS and vendor stalls disappear.
What happens when the bug occurs? Vendor stalls disappear along with any decorations/whole festival. Vendors are still present with VENDOR above their names, but not able to order anything.
What do you expect to see? Vendor stalls/festival present when coming back to game play.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Vendor stalls disappear along with any decorations/whole festival. Vendors are still present with VENDOR above their names, but not able to order anything.

Message 21 of 32 (1,569 Views)

Re: Food stalls/vendors disappear after going to CAS/saving exit

★★ Pro

@lilililili21 not to sound like a broken record but are you absolutely SURE the objects aren't actually floating in the sky like I mentioned in this post in this same thread?

Because your situation looks Exactly like my game did and that was when the objects did in fact spawn but they just ended up floating in the sky. If your case is the same, go ahead and follow the link in that post and click Me too in that bug thread because I'd really love this bug to get more attention because the objects stay there permanently and kind of ruin your save in that sense so we can't play in San Myshuno (and probably Evergreen harbour) anymore until this is fixed!

Message 22 of 32 (1,521 Views)

★ Apprentice

I will check and get back to you. Do they stay there continuously? Or reset after the day is finished?

Message 23 of 32 (1,512 Views)

★★ Pro
@lilililili21 The objects will stay there forever as far as I know. That's what's happening in my game and there are some other people too, unfortunately. (And I bet other people too that just haven't noticed where the items have gone!) I can't say for sure if some of them would eventually disappear but it hasn't occurred in my game. It's obviously not an easy bug to notice because for instance in case of the food festival district in my game the objects spawned somewhere high above the sea and I noticed it just by chance when taking screenshots of the Old salt house lot. There was a weird tiny speck in the sky and I had to use the Tab camera mode to fly over the sea and I found a complete set of food stalls and other objects that were supposed to spawn in that neighbourhood at certain times but now they never spawn again as the objects are stuck in the sky and never refresh. The stall vendors do spawn and they just stand around as they have nothing to do... :/
Message 24 of 32 (1,495 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried the tab camera mode but didn't see anything, but I was in the city square and didn't have a great view. I'll try again from your pov. Thanks

Message 25 of 32 (1,483 Views)

★★ Pro
@lilililili21 Thanks for taking the time to properly investigate! If the weather isn't good they can be hard to spot. I would say an especially good time to look around would be if the neighbourhood square (where all the stuff should be) is looking empty and you might even have the jobless vendors standing around. Ofc in my case in some of the neighbourhoods the stuff is just always in the sky so it's at least easy to find it as I already know the locations.. :/
Message 26 of 32 (1,466 Views)

★★ Guide

Reproducing in 1.90.375.1020, PC, No Mods, No cheats (not even activating cheats)
Everything up to and including High School Years.

Reproduced for me in all three San Myshuno neighborhoods by:
- New Game (make a household etc)
- Load one of the premade household in a neighborhood > go to Plan Outfits on the dresser > Confirm
- Check outside area > Stalls are gone; Vendors are still on the ground

FashionDistrict.jpg

I did find what seemed to be "stalls in the sky" some of the times when this occurred.
I couldn't find them in the sky all the time (maybe they just transport across the map to a random place and the sky is the more visible location)
I triggered the bug until I COULD find the stalls in the sky for each neighborhood.

This was for the regular stalls when no event is taking place. Didn't check during festivals.

I managed to reset the stalls for a neighborhood (basically re-spawn them) by traveling with a neighborhood resident to a different neighborhood and then returning.
Ex: Penny changes outfit > stalls in the sky > Penny visits Arts Quarter > Returns home > Stalls on solid ground.

Attached screenshots for ArtsQuarter and SpiceMarket showing stalls in the sky.

I am aware that keeping MoveObjectsOn can sometimes lead to objects in unnatural positions that's why I made sure to test with no cheats activated.

Message 27 of 32 (1,460 Views)

★★ Pro

@cosumeu  this should probably go to this thread. Please go and click Me too on that! Standard smile Great job on your rigorous testing!! Thumbs up

Message 28 of 32 (1,438 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having this problem in my new save regardless of whether mods are in or out. In my case I am playing the Bheeda family in the Spice district. 

I went to check my older save, and there is no problem in that save. I checked that one with all mods in, so not a mod problem.

The only difference between the two saves is in the newer save I moved the Bheeda family to the larger next door apartment as they had twins. Arun is also doing University. There may be a flea market happening in the newer save as it's Saturday.

I tried leaving the lot and returning, but the issue persists. I can see empty plates in the air surrounding the vendors, but no stall. I hope this resolves itself as I would hate to abandon this save. I've already put in a huge amount of work on it.

Message 29 of 32 (1,145 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with my last saves, I also started a new save this week to try to fix this bug but it keeps happening. I tried to make the sims go to another district and go back home and it did work, but the objects that spawned in the sky are still there, and in some district it continues to spawn more, so I'm worried if this will break my save at some point.

I wish a could to find a way to fix this or to avoid this bug Frown

Message 30 of 32 (878 Views)