[OPEN] [CL] Festivals Don't Appear in Calendar Until Festival Begins

by thefailedbeta

Original Post

Re: [CL] [GF] [SE] events are missing from the calendar

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm on Xbox and this happens to me too. All this time I was thinking it was intended for some reason but now that I found this I guess it wasn't. 

For me only the city festivals don't show until the day they're supposed to happen; SE and CoL festivals are fine (don't have GF so can't say if I have issues with that).

Message 11 of 21 (1,047 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Festivals Don't Appear in Calendar Until Festival Begins

★★★ Novice

This just started happening after the patch update today. Only Fenwick Fair festivals show up and only for the first "year". After that no festivals show up on the calendar at all.

Message 12 of 21 (809 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%). It has affected all of my saves, that is, there are no City Living festivals showing on the calendar in any of them.
What is your current game version number? 1.97.42.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Growing Together, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together; Werewolves, Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat; Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Vintage Glamour, Spooky.
How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a new save. When you view the calendar, there will be no City Living festivals. Snowy Escape festivals, Cottage Living fairs, and Seasons holidays show up normally.
What happens when the bug occurs? There are no City Living festivals in the calendar. If a City Living festival starts, a notification will pop up about the festival. Opening the calendar, the festival that is in progress will appear on the calendar.
What do you expect to see? All upcoming festivals in the calendar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I bought/downloaded the Werewolves GP a few days before the most recent patch (18 April 2023). I had the blank werewolf pack social group bug, which the patch fixed. I downloaded the patch when it came out. I am unsure if the calendar bug appeared after I downloaded the Werewolves GP, or after I downloaded the patch, as I didn't open the calendar during that time.

I have repaired my game, loaded previous saves, started new saves, and started new scenarios. None of those had City Living festivals in the calendar.

Message 13 of 21 (629 Views)

★★★ Novice
@radipede ..dealing with this same problem so came here looking for a solution. None found, so the City Native Aspiration cannot be completed.
Message 14 of 21 (585 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@det709 Same problem, did you solve it?
Message 15 of 21 (547 Views)

★★ Guide

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 11.32.34 pm.pngBy filtering the calendar to only show events for San Myshuno, you can clearly see that it is only showing Geekcon (the event occurring the next day) and doesn't show any others. 

Message 16 of 21 (305 Views)

★ Guide
I only got City Living recently so I didn't realise this was such an old bug, but yeah, it's been annoying me too! Any chance this might ever be fixed? It's really frustrating when trying to complete the City Living aspiration in particular, as there's goals that involve the festivals and you don't have any idea how long you'll have to wait to have a chance to complete the goal, and you can't plan ahead to be ready for it (eg: taking a vacation day so you won't be at work during the festival)
Message 17 of 21 (266 Views)

Romance Festival missing; other San Myshuno festivals not appearing on calendar

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.105.345.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Werewolves, Grunge Revival, Vampires, Tiny Living, Spa Day, Incheon Arrivals, Romantic Garden Stuff, Seasons, Pastel Pop, Paranormal, Moschino, Courtyard Oasis, Modern Menswear, Holiday Celebration, Greenhouse, Get Together, Get to Work, Get Famous, Fashion Street, For Rent, Dream Home Decorator, Dine Out, Desert Luxe, Decor to the Max, Country Kitchen, Cottage Living, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Carnaval Streetwear, Blooming Rooms, Bathroom Clutter, Basement Treasures, Crystal Creations, Up All Night, Gnome on the Go, Street Eats, Vibing Streamer
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look on the in-game calendar
What happens when the bug occurs? Romance Festival does not appear on calendar; festival-related dialogue does not generate; festival does not occur in San Myshuno when scheduled. Other festivals do not show up on calendar unless it is the day the festival occurs. Festival-related dialogue does generate for these festivals and they do occur correctly.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the Romance Festival to generate as it normally should, festival dialogues to generate, and to appear if I travel to the correct San Myshuno location. I expect to see other festivals on calendar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

San Myshuno festivals do not appear on calendar unless it is the day they occur; this happens for all except the Romance Festival, which fails to happen at all. No dialogue generates for the Romance Festival and I can't travel to it. Thanks!

Message 18 of 21 (284 Views)

Re: Romance Festival missing; other San Myshuno festivals not appearing on calen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@muffinspookynone of the city living events or festivals show up on the calendar for me either, even when I filter the calendar by San Myshuno it says there are no events happening there.

Message 19 of 21 (234 Views)

Re: Romance Festival missing; other San Myshuno festivals not appearing on calen

★★★ Apprentice

Same here, the calendar is blank when filtering for San Myshuno.

Message 20 of 21 (210 Views)