by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] Festivals Don't Appear in Calendar Until Festival Begins

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All to date.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a sim week and check calendar daily.
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon checking the calendar at start of save (Sunday, Spring), for that week, only the Festival of Snow was displayed for that Saturday with two talent showcases on Friday and Saturday. I received the notification the Humour & Hijinks festival started on Monday at 5pm. Upon checking the calendar, the festival is now there.
What do you expect to see? I expected to be able to see when the festivals were before they started.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.77.131.1030

There's a filter for the San Myshuno festivals within the calendar now, so I thought I'd be aware of them prior to them starting. I fast forwarded through the rest of the week, checking the calendar every morning at 8am with no added CL festivals being listed. Then at 5pm on Saturday, I was informed of the Romance festival starting. Checked the calendar again, and it showed up.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 21 (8,328 Views)

Re: [CL] Festivals Don't Appear in Calendar Until Festival Begins

[ Edited ]
Champion

I do not have city living but I am seeing the same for the snowy escape festivals - I only have the one for the current week, and the rest of the calendar is empty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 21 (8,277 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Seconding both Snowy Escape and City Living. Adding Island Living.

I LOVE the concept of the calendar supporting all of these. I also love that I can book events several days early! WHOOT! It's a little frustrating that it's not quite complete.
Still: thank you for making this. Party hat

Message 3 of 21 (8,237 Views)

★★ Guide

If I were able to only see the City Living festivals for the current week (as I can with Snowy Escape), I'd count it as a win. At least I'd have prior knowledge of it. But currently, the City Living festivals do not appear on the calendar for me at all until said festival begins. So if the festival is at 5pm on Monday, there's no events on the calendar for that day until I receive a notification in game at 5pm on Monday that the festival has started.

Message 4 of 21 (8,195 Views)

New calander only show one festival, even if 2 happen in the same day

★★ Pro

In my save file, I got unlucky and Snowy Escape and City Living festivals tend to overlap in days (Both Snow Festival and Love Festival in one day for ex.) but the calander only show one, I guess that my case is just luck, but the Youth Festival will ALWAYS overlap with the Flea Market, so the calander should be able to show two festivals in the same day

Message 5 of 21 (8,153 Views)

★★★ Guide

So now that I have CoL installed, I can see the CL festivals if they happen to be on the same day as a CoL festival... which means the Romance Festival, and only the Romance Festival, since that's the only one that occurs on a Saturday. The other ones still aren't showing up until they happen (though the SE festivals show up fine).

Message 6 of 21 (8,128 Views)

Re: New calander only show one festival, even if 2 happen in the same day

Hero
@mathematics654 Even on the day they take place or even before ? I've seen multiple festivals show in my calendar afair but there seems to be an issue that some only show on the actual day they are taking place.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 21 (8,111 Views)

★★ Pro
@crinrict That was it, a day before it showed all, also I made a new save so I won't have too much overlapping festival, beside those that will ALWAYS overlap like Youth Festival and Flea Market
Message 8 of 21 (8,089 Views)

Hero
@mathematics654 I merged your thread with the festival not appearing until festival begins thread then.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 21 (8,070 Views)

[CL] [GF] [SE] events are missing from the calendar

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Luxury Stuff Pack, Perfect Patio Stuff Pack, Spooky Stuff Pack, Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack, Movie Hangout Stuff Pack, Romantic Garden Stuff Pack, Kid's Room Stuff Pack, Back Yard Stuff Pack, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff Pack, Fitness Stuff Pack, Laundry Day Stuff Pack, My First Pet Stuff Pack, Moshino Stuff Pack, Tiny Living Stuff Pack, Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack, Paranormal Stuff Pack, Country Kitchen Kit, Bust The Dust Kit, Courtyard Oasis Kit, Fashion Street Kit, Incheon Arrivals Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check the calendar. The Snowy Escape, Get Famous and City Living events are missing.
What happens when the bug occurs? In two brand new saves, one with a Scenario started and one without, the only events to show up in the calendar are the Finchwich Fairs [CoL]. In both these new saves, both started on a Sunday in Spring, the following Saturday has the Festival of Snow event from Snowy Escape scheduled. However, it's the only event scheduled besides the Finchwich Fairs. There's no other Snowy Escape, City Living events or Get Famous events. In my old save (removed prior to updating, added back in after), it's the same issue. On the Sunday where I left off, the Festival of Snow [SE], the Flea Market [CL] and the Starlight Accolades [GF] are all there. However, for the next 4 weeks, the only events scheduled are the Finchwick Fairs [CoL]. The rest are gone. In all saves, all without mods, the holidays and birthdays are still there, including custom ones I had in my old save.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see 4 weeks of Snowy Escape, City Living and Get Famous events in the Calendar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated my game with the November 2, 2021 (Scenarios) patch.

Additional info: Prior to the update, I removed my entire Sims 4 folder from my Documents/Electronic Arts folder. After the update was applied, I went ahead and repaired the game like I do for every update (just in case something gets hung up). Then I started the game to generate a brand new Sims 4 folder before starting the new saves.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 10 of 21 (7,614 Views)