Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Festival Stereo LE

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a festival.
What happens when the bug occurs? LE spams at festivals.
What do you expect to see? No LE.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.60.54.1020 tiny living patch.

Have linked vanilla save (play Fletcher family in Strangerville) and linked LE.  

Message 1 of 43 (10,990 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Festival Stereo LE

EA Sims Team

Hello.  We think this is fixed on today's patch (1.62.67).  If it's still occurring for you after updating to this patch, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 39 of 43 (5,302 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Festival Stereo LE

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So, I did some testing with one of the save, and we've come to some conclusions:

• This can happen when you click on the wall speakers. Just clicking on them will cause the LE
  • It seems to happen also when Sims autonomously go to dance to the music
  • When the LE occurs from Sim autonomy, it absolutely spams (like, 30 LEs all at once)

I've tried to find some sort of workaround, but using MC Tuner to disallow autonomy seems either difficult or impractical. I tried disallowing just about anything with dance or speaker that I could find, and the error still spammed. Using the delete object cheat seems more practical (deleting the wall speakers) but you'd still get the 4 or so LEs from just clicking on them, and they'd just respawn after each festival, anyway. For now, the only workaround that seems "worth while" is to simply avoid festivals. If anyone has found anything better, please let us know!

Update: while this error seems most common to occur in and around festivals, we've been seeing it from people who have not attended any festivals at all. It appears all stereos may be affected by this bug!. We've even seen it from Robots! Solutions/work arounds that are better than "avoiding all festivals" and "delete all stereos" would be appreciated!!

Message 2 of 43 (10,833 Views)

★ Guide

Got this too as soon as my sim arrived at the spice festival.....

Message 3 of 43 (10,600 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Add me to the list. I've get LE's every time a I show up at ANY festival pretty much as soon as my sim arrives. I removed all mods and repaired my game twice. Something happened with the Tiny Living update to break the speakers as I've never had this problem before the patch.

Message 4 of 43 (10,525 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue.

Message 5 of 43 (10,492 Views)

★★ Guide

Blows up LEs when I attend festivals too.

Message 6 of 43 (10,461 Views)

★★★ Expert

Yup even with avoiding all festivals I am still getting more LE's than I've ever seen in my game. They must either be from a home stereo or wall speakers at a lounge, etc. I am not currently using any mods or CC.

Message 7 of 43 (10,382 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also got an LE just by opening the game. Folk at the Deaderpool Discord linked me through to this thread. I noticed earlier that my sims didn't get the focused moodlet from listening to New Age music on the stereo. That may also be caused by that bug. I play on a MacBook Pro with some mods (like MCCC) and cc installed. 

Message 8 of 43 (10,329 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I didn't even go to a festival and I got one. There might be one occurring in my district, though. I don't own any stereos so my best guess is that a festival was going on and some Sim decided to dance.

Message 9 of 43 (10,131 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this happening just by having Sims being at the festival. Dancing to stereos seems to have had nothing to do with it.

Message 10 of 43 (10,105 Views)