Re: Objects on lower levels disappearing when on upper level

by SpeedofLanding

Original Post

Re: Objects on 1st level hidden when switching to 2nd level

Hero

Hi @anthonyjalan 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 80 (1,759 Views)

Re: Objects on 1st level hidden when switching to 2nd level

★★★★ Novice

Please link to said post.

Message 52 of 80 (1,749 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Do not follow technical support, in my opinion they have generic "one fix" problem solvers for issues that are not with your computer or game but with the developers and the bug itself. 

Message 53 of 80 (1,738 Views)

Hero

Your thread was merged into the current bug thread. Don't think there's a workaround.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 80 (1,736 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I would like to add myself to the list of players who seem to be experiencing the same issue. For me though, it only affects split-level buildings in San Myshuno. So very frustrating. I seem to remember that I started noticing this since the major terrain editting update. I have attempted several times to contact EA. Either through chat, twitter, or you name it.... They have never gotten back to me. Sort of getting fed up with it that no-one seems to take the time to address this issue (even if it is just with a short message saying "They are working on it."). Attached another screenshot of one of the occurences (read: one of several in my game!).

Also, if I do not follow the proper protocol, I apologise; I am new to this platform.

Message 55 of 80 (1,712 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

That bothers me too. There is no way to contact EA when we have a problem. I also tried to contact Origin, and got no response. We pay a high value for the games and expansion packs and we have no assistance service.

It is impossible to play in San Myshuno.

Message 56 of 80 (1,702 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

They have just released an update patch, but the bug persists Disappointed

Message 57 of 80 (1,682 Views)

★★ Novice

This is so frustrating! Even bugreports with 20-odd metoo's get priority. How can it possibly be that this is NOT a priority?! I have tweeted several gurus. Hope that that might bring it to their attention...

Message 58 of 80 (1,632 Views)

Stairs Disappear When on Upper Levels

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Currently Unknown (Sorry!)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except MFPS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a room of any kind and add stairs to the upper floor. Then place a bigger open space around the stairs (may work with just step 1).
What happens when the bug occurs? The steps disappear leaving a large open spot.
What do you expect to see? Steps to stay and not disappear at all floors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This seems to have happened with the December Update, could have been the GF Update though.

This has most likely been reported already since it's a pretty major issue, guessing that it's being fixed right now!

Message 59 of 80 (1,625 Views)

★★ Novice

Just to give everybody a headsup! (See the screenshot)

Message 60 of 80 (1,602 Views)