by TheDarkCountess

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] [DO] [CD] [GTW] Business lots keep festivals/stalls from appearing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and stuff packs. The bug concerns City living and Dine out.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a restaurant on the lot where the festival takes place. My restaurant was on the Spice Market when the bug occured. Then wait for a festival.
What happens when the bug occurs? Festivals don't show up at all when the lot type is set to restaurant. There is a notification to advise the festival, but nothing appears.
What do you expect to see? I would expect the festival to happen even when the lot type where it occurs is a restaurant. Or make the restaurant lot type unavailable­ on those specific lots if impossible.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi,

I built a restaurant at the place where the Spice Market festivals (spice festival and flea market) take place, but the festivals  on this lot wouldn't appear, even though I was notified. I solved the problem by changing the lot type.

So there seems to be a conflict with the festivals and the lot type being set as restaurant.

Thanks !

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 27 (5,544 Views)

Re: Bug report : Restaurants on Festival Lots (City Living + Dine Out)

Hero

Festivals take place in a space that's not really an official lot but an open area.

Which lot did you change to restaurant ? Is it only one specific lot or any of the lots around the market ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (5,497 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When sims travel to a festival, they actually travel to a specific lot. In the Spice Market, it is the lot where the Waterside Warble Karaoke Bar is located. I changed that lot into a restaurant. Hope it is clearer!

Message 3 of 27 (5,485 Views)

Hero

Did you test if the same would happen with a retail shop ? Would be interesting to know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (5,475 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just tried and the bug didn't occur with a retail shop !

Message 5 of 27 (5,468 Views)

Hero

I just tested this on my game but it was a different quarter .. romance festival and it was no issue.

Do you travel there after it's supposed to have started or does your Sim live in the area/you're there before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 27 (5,467 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My sim lives in another town. The first time I noticed the bug, the festival had already begun when my sim arrived, and another time I tried being on the lot before receiving the notification for the festival. It didn't change anything, the festival wouldn't show up.

I could receive invitations from other sims to go to the festival (whether I was already there or not). The "event" from accepting the invitation starts, but the festival never appeared.

I will try with the same restaurant on another quarter to see what happens, will be back.

Message 7 of 27 (5,461 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think the problem mainly occurs when the restaurant is owned by a sim (played or unplayed).

I went to the romance festival and it was there, but then I made a sim buy the restaurant, then there was no action at all at the festival (see pictures). Even the stalls had no employees. They were all going to the restaurant (they stayed in front of it because my restaurant was too big for the lot and I didn't notice there was no stairs). The festival was still there though, but it wouldn't disappear (didn't receive notification for the end of the festival either).

Then I sold the restaurant, went back on the lot, (it was around 3 am) and there was an employee in a stall, a sim playing an instrument, sims shopping at the stalls, etc. But the festival wouldn't disappear.

Message 8 of 27 (5,440 Views)

Hero

Interesting.

Don't have time for further testing atm but will do so in the coming days. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 27 (5,432 Views)

Hero
@TheDarkCountess Are you still seeing this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 27 (5,379 Views)