Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] [DO] [CD] [GTW] Business lots keep festivals from appeari

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] [DO] Restaurant lots keep festivals from appearing

★★★★★ Apprentice

This issue still appears for me both in the Fashion District and Spice District (haven't tried Art District). When opening the restaurant both food stalls and festivals disappear. 

PC, Vanilla, Swedish
Packs: GTW, GT, CL, CD, S, OR, SD, DO, PH, JA, PPSP, SSP, CKSP, MHSP, RGSP, KSPS, BYSP, VGSP, LDSP

Message 11 of 27 (1,515 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] [DO] Restaurant lots keep festivals from appearing

★ Guide

Can confirm, opening any kind of business on a lot that's connected to a festival area will end the festival. Opening a business runs the 'refresh_open_street_director_status' method inside the business zone director which removes the festival open street drama node.

Message 12 of 27 (1,470 Views)

[GTW] [CL] Opening a business breaks festivals

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available expansion packs, game packs, and stuff packs as of January 21th (Tiny Living release date).
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new game, bulldoze the lot at San Myshuno, Arts Quarter, Casbah Gallery, to allow for a business to be purchased there. Load any family (or create a new one) and purchase a business (retail, restaurant or vet) at the mentioned lot and prepare the business for opening. Wait till Monday 5PM for the Humor & Hijinks festival to begin. Open the business.
What happens when the bug occurs? With the business opened at a festival lot, the festival never starts. Opening the business while the festival is currently running will end it.
What do you expect to see? Festivals should run independently from the business opening status.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm including a save file that has this issue set up, all you need to do is load the away family member at New Crest and wait a few hours at the business lot for the festival to begin.

Download: https://ln2.sync.com/dl/3d3108850/qh653sfh-an62964a-8kqfm6g7-vbme8i39

My suspicion is that the 'refresh_open_street_director_status' method in the business zone director that runs when opening a business removes the active open streets festival drama node which prevents anything from occurring.

This is a related report that explains the same issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CL-DO-Restaurant-lots-keep-festivals-from-appearin...

Message 13 of 27 (1,507 Views)

Re: [GTW] [CL] Opening a business breaks festivals

Hero
@MR_TURBODRIVER To be sure, this new report is basically just expanding to all business from the other thread, right ?

It's the same issue no matter what business it is ?

If so, I don't think a new thread was necessary and I'll merge them but I want to make sure you didn't have any other reasons to make a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 27 (1,484 Views)

Re: [GTW] [CL] Opening a business breaks festivals

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

A proper bug report requires to state that this issue includes all business types, not just restaurants, yes.

And it's a good refresher for a bug introduced in 2016.

Message 15 of 27 (1,479 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] [DO] [CD] [GTW] Business lots keep festivals from appeari

★★★★ Guide

I have this issue, as well. However, I am on Console and not PC. I am not sure if a separate bug report needs to be created. I have read through this thread and have saved my lots, bulldozed, and reapplied lots to get things to work. Additionally, I remove the owner (i.e. retail or restaurant). It would be nice to see this operating with owners! I have the new version (1.25.102.2300)

Message 16 of 27 (1,292 Views)

Hero
@MzMelonz No, that's fine. Console and PC are caught up now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 27 (1,265 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] [DO] [CD] [GTW] Business lots keep festivals from appearing

★★ Apprentice
@TheDarkCountess FOUND IT!! i just spent an hour trying to get my spice festival to show up and it is a bug, but there is a work around if you have changed the lot and type ect. i will copy/paste my directions, and i also shared the lot on my gallery "Sprinkles91xo" the lot is called: !SPICE FETIVAL FIX! . Directions: "IF YOUR SPICE FESTIVAL ISNT SHOWING UP PLEASE READ. THERE IS A BUG THAT REPLACES THE SPICE FESTIVAL APPEARING IF YOU SWITCH THE LOT TYPE, AND OR REPLACE IT WITH ANYTHING, SPECIFICALLY RESTURANTS. IN ORDER TO MAKE THE SPICE FESTIVAL APPEAR AS NORMAL, DELETE THE CURRENT LOT YOU HAVE BACK TO Waterside Warble Karaoke bar. REPLACE THE ENTIRE LOT BACK WITH ITS ORIGINAL. !LOT HAS TO BE UNDER THE KARAOKE BAR LOT TYPE! NOT A RETAIL STORE. SPICE FESTIVAL SHOULD THEN SPAWN AS NORMAL ACROSS THE STREET." it did not work with me changing the lot type to a retail lot or generic and so i thought, what if i just change it back? SOMEONE has to of uploaded the original lot, and i was right! i replaced my restaurant back to the Waterside Warble Karaoke bar, and you have to make sure the lot type is set to karaoke bar, and not retail like i did at first and it didnt work for me. once i switched the lot type to karaoke bar, then went back to my sim who can live anywhere, mine lives in Henford on Bagley atm, and i just sat and waited for the notif. for the spice festival to pop up at 5pm on the day of the talent showcase, the day before spook day, idk if its worth noting but i did travel alone this time and i stood there for a moment kind of disheartened bc the karaoke bar was still there, but i immediately heard the stall vendor in my headset! i turn around, and there it is spawned in the park area across the street from the bar lol so i hope i helped anyone else having this issue! and good luck<3
Message 18 of 27 (1,026 Views)

Re: Bug report : Restaurants on Festival Lots (City Living + Dine Out)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue in the Fashion district. I have a retail store there. If the store is owned by one of my Sims the festival wont appear. If the store is owned by the game then the festival will appear.

Message 19 of 27 (992 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] [DO] [CD] [GTW] Business lots keep festivals from appearing

★ Novice

I turned my waterside warble into a restaurant that my sim owns. Since then I get notifications for there Spice Festival and the Flea Market but they don't show. I am going to move the restaurant and try your method.  Thank you so much for this!!!!

Message 20 of 27 (955 Views)