[OPEN] [CL] Apartements: Cutaway view shows other Apartement

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Cutaway view in apartements shows neighboring apartement

★★★★★ Apprentice

A LAZY "FIX ATTEMPT" FOR THE FUNS (it's really just a lazy work around, no fix at all) 

Okay, looks like we'll have to wait around a little longer with this one...

I have tried hiding the issue with objects, paintings, what not. Nothing really seems to do it smoothly or effectively. 

So I resorted to the last possible option, drawing tall tall half walls up in the apartment and just hide it all together.  

I never really liked the view into the hallways anyways and realized I can just combine two issues in one.

Here's a lazy image of a  lazy attempt:

Lazy_wall__FIX_png

Used diagonals on the left side. I didn't finish this one yet.

wallfixculpepper1.png

I guess it's better to have a one-tile hallway between the doors, so you don't lose your sims. And either use smaller of complete walls to make so they're hidden from view.

Maybe this can work for some apartments. I've done it in two other apartments as well but forgot to take pictures. Might come soon. 

Anyways, hoping maxis will give us at least some information on this soon. 

Message 51 of 232 (1,399 Views)

★ Guide

So anyone test the game update to see if they ninja fixed this bug? Although I can't even be that mad this time. At least It seems like they fixed quite a few bugs this time. So credit where credit is due. Thanks for the bug fixes. (Really hope this one gets fixed though...)

Message 52 of 232 (1,337 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yep, still having this issue! 

Message 53 of 232 (1,294 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@kevkevstone I should mention this is no mods on the latest version. Sad this is still a problem so many months later.
Message 54 of 232 (1,292 Views)

★★ Guide

Me too! I wish they would cancel the round walls, beause they don't work! They have seen this in Paralives and want to show that they can do this too. The truth is that they are not able to do it in a proper way. Maby they didn't take enough time for it (like always). The immersion is gone and  now I hate to play in apartments. Round walls? My advice is: Let It Be! It looks so ugly!

Message 55 of 232 (1,217 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Baylon7373 I too hate apartments now ive not played in them since round walls were put in and i miss them so much i played in them all the time i emailed ea regarding the issue because we don't even know if they are aware of the broken walls as there are thousands of bug reports on here they said they would pass on a detailed report to the relevant team i really hope they do
Message 56 of 232 (1,205 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm still having this problem as well. I hope they fix it soon.

Message 57 of 232 (1,171 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem. 

Message 58 of 232 (1,161 Views)

★★★★ Novice

At this point I'm just waiting for someone to come out with a mod for this. I have a feeling this was some hidden aesthetic feature they added for god knows why and have no intentions of ever addressing it.

Message 59 of 232 (1,096 Views)

★ Guide

That's what I'm afraid of too. Hopefully it's just a bug. Not a really poor graphical decision...

Message 60 of 232 (1,080 Views)