by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] Apartements: Cutaway view shows other Apartement

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs, all Game Packs except Dine Out and JTB, almost all Stuff Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your Sim live in an apartment in San Myshuno. Set the Game Camera to Sims 3 Style and the wall cutaway view.
What happens when the bug occurs? The interior walls of your apartment are cut away and you can see the walls in your neighbor's apartment, or even thru their walls to the building across the way. Also, if I place wall decor on those interior walls, my Sim gets a routing error if I direct her to view the wall art, and she is unable to view it. See attached pics.
What do you expect to see? Normal cutaway view with the Game Camera, where the walls in front of my Sim cut away, but the walls behind her are not cut away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The July 26, 2022 game patch

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Edit By Crinrict: Split door issue posts to here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CL-ECO-HSY-Doors-in-Apartements-Dorms-stay-visible-when-loweri... , adjusted title again

This is an overhead view of my Sim's apartment in San Myshuno. The game camera is set for wall cutaway mode. The walls in the hallway appear cut away, as if my Sim was behind them (she is not, you can see her standing in the bathroom). This household is just one single Sim, so it's not a household member causing the cutaway view. Even parts of the apartment to the right and to the rear have walls that are cut away and I can see the landscape outside of the building.

apartment_cutaway_view_new overhead.jpg

This is a view of the same apartment with the same camera settings, taken on a laptop that has not yet been updated with the July 26 patch.The hallway walls and the back wall to my Sim's bathroom are not cut away, only the walls that are in front of my Sim are cutaway. I cannot see the walls of my neighbor's apartment. My Sim has no routing problems when directed to view wall art on her interior walls:

apartment_cutaway_view_old overhead.jpg

Message 1 of 233 (38,157 Views)

[CL] Gap in walls, spiky walls in apartments when minimizing walls

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: PC

Which language are you playing the game in? Swedish

How often does the bug occur? Always (100%)

What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 

Expansion packs: Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living

Game packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Werewolves

Stuff Packs: Luxury Stuff Pack, Perfect Patio Stuff Pack, Spooky Stuff Pack, Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack, Movie Hangout Stuff Pack, Romantic Garden Stuff Pack, Kid's Room Stuff Pack, Back Yard Stuff Pack, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff Pack, Fitness Stuff Pack, Laundry Day Stuff Pack, My First Pet Stuff Pack, Moshino Stuff Pack, Tiny Living Stuff Pack, Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack and Paranormal Stuff Pack

Kits: Country Kitchen Kit

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just enter an apartment and flip down the walls as usual

What happens when the bug occurs? Weird patches of walls still being visable and gaps.

What do you expect to see? Idk, smoother views of the walls? In my memories the walls come fully down.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not anymore, I've removed them

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, after the patch for version 1.90.358.1030

Look idk if this is a real bug or not, and if not you can just delete this tread, but it's something that struck me as soon as I started playing and I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this before the patch.

Message 2 of 233 (38,071 Views)

Apartment walls broken

★★★★★ Guide

After latest patch ive noticed all my apartment have v shaped cut out see picture

Message 3 of 233 (37,809 Views)

Re: [CL] San Myshuno Apartment Walls

★ Apprentice

I’m having the same issue in my game where you can see the layout of npc apartments and the walls cutaway where they didn’t before. I also loaded the game on another computer with an earlier game version and the npc - unplayed apartments are covered like they should be. I have not noticed any routing problems though.

Message 4 of 233 (37,817 Views)

★ Guide

Just wanted to add that at least in my game it's happening at the apartments in Evergreen Harbor as well. 

Message 5 of 233 (37,807 Views)

★★★ Expert

It still looks wrong after the Aug. 2, 2022 patch. I wasn't really expecting a fix with this patch, since it wasn't mentioned in the release notes. Please fix this soon, ok? San Myshuno was my favorite world to play, but now I can't stand to even look at the apartments.

apartment after 8-2-22 patch.JPG

Message 6 of 233 (37,778 Views)

Re: [CL] Gap in walls, spiky walls in apartments when minimizing walls

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well since the 7/26 patch and the 08/02 patch didn't fix it. I've removed my mods and repaired the game a few times but still the same issue. This happens in San Myshuno as well as Evergreen Harbor. 

Message 7 of 233 (37,762 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@khaylathesimmer Yeah its happening to me in Evergreen Harbor too i play on ps5 so its nothing to do with mods 😀
Message 8 of 233 (37,543 Views)

City Living: Wall Glitch 2022

★★ Newbie

Why do the walls disappear in city living when something is on them like a door, mirror, etc in city living apartments now? Ever since I updated the game my walls keep disappearing when I have something on or near them. I can also see into the neighbors apartments on any wall setting now. 

Message 9 of 233 (37,525 Views)

★★★ Expert

Yeah, I can confirm that it's also happening in Evergreen Harbor apartments in my game as well. This is on PC with a no-mods/cc (never modded) test save.

evergreen harbor walls bug1.JPG

It's not as bad as some of the San Myshuno apartments, but still. This is what Culpepper House looks like in my game.since the HSY patch.

san myshuno walls bug 1.JPG

This is the Medina Studios apartments

san myshuno walls bug 2.JPG

Message 10 of 233 (37,501 Views)