by theselse

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] Can't Sing Karaoke Duets with Groups During Festivals

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? CL, CD, S, GF, IL, OR, SD, DO, V, PH, JA, SV, PPSP, SSP, CKSP, MHSP, RGSP, KSPS, BYSP, BNSP, FSP, MFPSP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? During festivals in the city, group members do not appear as a choice on the list of partners for singing duets at the karaoke bar in that neighborhood.
What happens when the bug occurs? It appears that Sims that have/are attending the festival do not appear as choices for singing duets. Other nearby Sims seem fine.
What do you expect to see? All eligible Sims within range, including those who have just come from a nearby festival, should be partnerable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had not tested this interaction for several years, but heard it was fixed. It seems to be partially fixed.

My Sim and an NPC friend attended the Spice Festival and then headed over to "Planet Honey Pop" for karaoke. His groupmate did not show up on the list of Sims available for a karaoke duet. Other Sims in the karaoke bar were available, including some later arrivals. As soon as the festival ended and the last of the festival items had been cleared, the NPC friend appeared on the duet list.

It seems that Sims who have gone to the festival must have their attending-a-festival "tag" cleared by the game in order to allow this interaction. That is how it looks to me, anyway. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 15 (5,788 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CL] Can't Sing Karaoke Duets with Groups During Festivals

Champion

I've noticed it being hit and miss - sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't. I don't know if I was trying it during a festival though.

The Spice Festival happens in the Spice Market across from The Waterside Warble karaoke bar. Planet Honey Pop is in the Fashion District where GeekCon and the Romance Festival happen.

Message 2 of 15 (5,689 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@simvasionYou are right! I was at the Waterside Warble - my mistake!

Message 3 of 15 (5,675 Views)

Champion (Retired)

``During festivals in the city, group members do not appear as a choice on the list of partners for singing duets at the karaoke bar in that neighborhood.``

This has been going on in my game since City Living and karaoke were added to the game. I tried again recently and the only choices for duets were Sims not in my group. Some I had not even met yet. I have given up on it working at any public venue. Same thing happens with or without a festival event.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 15 (5,667 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

It seems to be worse for you, then @EuphorialQueen 

I had a chance to check it again. It's midwinter and on 'Neighborhood Brawl Day', the Romance Festival was held in the Fashion District. (Yeah, that was pretty funny - all the fighting at the festival!) Anyway, as soon as I got there with my date, I checked who I could sing a duet with at Planet Honey Pop. The bartender and one other Sim came up on the list. I watched this Sim, and he went straight in to the karaoke bar. So far, my theory was holding. Neither the bartender or this other Sim were participating in the festival - so they were available for karaoke.

Then a little later in the evening, I noticed this same Sim drinking Sakura and so I looked again at the available Sims list for a karaoke duet. Sure enough, the bartender was the only Sim on the list. The NPC Sim was no longer on the duet list.

After the date was over, but the festival was not, my Sim's date bade him good-bye. I decided to run one more test and reset that Sim before they left. My Sim's date was not on the karaoke list at any time during the date - but as soon as the Sim was reset, low and behold, my date was *on* that list! Note, that the festival had not ended, but the goaled event had.

There seems to be something about a goaled event that prevents karaoke duets - whether it is a date or a festival.

Message 5 of 15 (5,626 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (5,612 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Can't Sing Karaoke Duets with Groups During Festivals

★★★ Apprentice

I cannot do this either- there's a festival of the light from Snowy Escape in progress, though I am not participating.

Message 7 of 15 (5,198 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is still a problem for me as well.

Message 8 of 15 (4,923 Views)

★★ Guide

I did not know it was because of groups in festivals! That's why I never can choose my sims friend to sing duets! Good to know the reason, but it would be good to have this fixed. 

Message 9 of 15 (4,821 Views)

★ Guide

I also experience this since the release of City Living. I guess it is because the game thinks the festivalgoers are alrady in an active situation and thus are not allowed to join the karaoke duet situation.

Message 10 of 15 (4,666 Views)