[OPEN] [CL] [CD] Dogs can't use elevators

by Ciaron88

Original Post

Sims 4: Pet can't use elevator since Nov 2019 update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My adult dog can no longer use elevator since the November 2019 update. The thought bubble with footprints an a X pops up whenever she's asked to go potty now. Even if I take my sim down the elevator then call my dog the thought bubble comes up. My dog now pees/poops in the apartment because she can't go out anymore. I have to leash her then go downstairs then encourage to potty.

I don't recall having this issue until the most recent update 

Message 11 of 45 (3,313 Views)

Re: Sims 4: Pet can't use elevator since Nov 2019 update

Hero
@dd03979 this has been an issue for a while now.

I merged your post with the bug report.

Which apartment is your Sim living in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 45 (3,270 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thanks so much for replying. My sim is in the fountainview penthouse.
Message 13 of 45 (3,241 Views)

Hero
@dd03979 Can you try for testing if it works anywhere else ? So far it has only been the financial district I think.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 45 (3,237 Views)

Dog Won't Leave Apartment

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discovery University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room Stuff, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The played Sim must be living in an apartment with a dog. (The dog I've encountered this issue with is already trained to go outside to go to the bathroom by itself.)
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog will need to go to the bathroom eventually, and will whine to communicate that. When I ask the dog to go potty, it just whines and says that it can't (routing error thought bubble). The dog is able to leave the apartment into the hallway if called, but cannot be called out of the building onto the street without a routing error. The only way to get the dog out of the building is to put it on a leash and physically bring it down. The dog also can't be called back up into the building, it must be on a leash.
What do you expect to see? I expect the dog to go outside to go to the bathroom with no issues. I also expect the dog to be able to be called down onto the street from the apartment or back into the apartment without having to put it on a leash.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The issue appeared after downloading Discover University and the patch that came that day.

I described it pretty thoroughly up there but I will do so again here.

The dog is trained to let itself out to go to the bathroom and then return to the apartment. When I asked her to go potty today, she whined and got the thought bubble that the route was blocked. I thought that she was somehow blocked into the actual apartment, so I had my Sim call her out into the hallway, but she got out there just fine. I then had my Sim go down to the sidewalk and try to call the dog down. The dog got the same route-blocked thought bubble. The only way to get the dog down to go to the bathroom was to put her on a leash and bring both my Sim and the dog down, have the dog go to the bathroom, and then bring her back up on the leash. Unleashing the dog, sending my Sim upstairs, and then trying to call the dog up also triggered the routing-error thought bubble. 

Not sure what to do, this isn't game-breaking or anything but it is really annoying.

Message 15 of 45 (3,210 Views)

Re: Dog Won't Leave Apartment

Hero
@Twoeta_Bird Which apartment is your Sim living in ?

I merged your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 45 (3,188 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict This is in the Chic Street apartments, I can't remember exactly which one off the top of my head.

Message 17 of 45 (3,176 Views)

Hero
@Twoeta_Bird Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 45 (3,162 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Twoeta_Bird I have the same issues but its not just dogs it toddlers to who can not use the elevators unless they are carried by an adult.... started after the update to get ready for university
Message 19 of 45 (3,080 Views)

Hero
@sundancr In all districts or just the financial one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 45 (3,073 Views)