Re: Sims 4: Pet can't use elevator since Nov 2019 update

by lauraschultz

Original Post

★★★ Novice

I'm not sure what's considered the financial district. The arts quarter is where the penthouse is located.

Wouldn't the financial district be uptown? If so, then by what you're saying I shouldn't be having this issue because my penthouse is in the arts quarter, correct?

Message 21 of 45 (2,352 Views)

Hero
@dd03979 It used to be uptown only but maybe it's all of them now. I wasn't able to duplicate it on others though but maybe it depends how long you play a save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 45 (2,338 Views)

★★ Guide

To add to strangeness: my sims have two dogs, a big dog and a small dog. The big dog runs outside on its own and never asks to go to potty, just zooms out, does its thing, zooms back up. The small dog cannot do this. The small dog has to be either leashed and walked out, or pick up carried down to do its business. I've even tried cheat-changing the small dog's traits, just in case it's tied to that, but seems to be just the size. Or the fact that the big dog moved into the apartment together with the sim originally, and the small dog was added later with manage households function.

They live in 18 Culpepper in Spice District. In the same building there's another played sim with a big dog, and that big dog also could go to potty on her own, which made me think that the bug had been fixed. Until I added the small dog to the current family.

Message 23 of 45 (2,278 Views)

Hero
@Lumiasta Maybe small dogs work more like toddlers while big dogs work like Sims. Toddlers also seem to have the issue.

Thanks for the extra info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 45 (2,264 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My two small dogs have the same issue. They won't go down unless they are leashed. In the beginning they would go potty on the balcony but after a while they wouldn't do that anymore. I see no other option than moving out because having to walk them everytime doesn't work. 

Is there a mod to make that paper rug or the kitty box work for small dogs? 

Message 25 of 45 (2,018 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] [CD] Dogs can't use elevators

★★★ Guide

If anyone is still seeing this, and does not mind using mods, there is a mod from LMS called "Elevator Fix Pets". It makes it so that any pet (small and large) will use the elevator like normal. I used to have to carry my small dog into the elevator and put them down on the ground to walk them, but I can confirm that this mod fixes this issue, at least for me.

Message 26 of 45 (1,817 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you vadeesh3825!! I am going to go find that mod now because I am having the same problem as some of the more recent comments with small dogs specifically. My big dog goes outside on its own no problem; my small dog refuses. Both dogs were potty-trained when the family lived in a regular house; the problem only started when we moved to the city, so the elevator seems like a likely reason.

Message 27 of 45 (1,657 Views)

Small dogs can't let themselves out to pee in apartment living

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send small dog out to do his business
What happens when the bug occurs? He says his path is blocked - same as if he's out of the apartment and can't get back without being on a leash
What do you expect to see? Small dogs able to go out like big dogs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Small dog is the bane of my sim's current existence. 

Message 28 of 45 (1,607 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm having this same problem with my dog in the spice district in 19 Culpepper house. Without the leash, my dog won't come up to eat food and go downstairs to use the potty. This really stinks as I have a single father with a child sim and the dog is literally stuck downstairs until the father gets home from work. (Let me add My sims have a small dog)

Message 29 of 45 (1,375 Views)

Re: (C&D) Pets cant pee outside apartments

★ Novice

mine still doesn't work even in the spice district

Message 30 of 45 (1,061 Views)