by katherinekp

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] [CD] Dogs can't use elevators

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In apartment 702 Zen View, ask dog the go potty
What happens when the bug occurs? Dog barks and responds with the inaccessible thought bubble
What do you expect to see? Dog to run down elevator, go outside and go potty. which did happen before the patch
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch that brought the game version to 1.46.18.1020

Thanks 

Message 1 of 45 (21,962 Views)

Dogs can't use elevators in Financial District

★ Apprentice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except toddler stuff and My first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create a household with a dog 2. move into one of the apartments or buildings in the financial district 3. direct the dog to go outside of the building on their own
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog cannot use the elevator and get outside. The dog needs to be leashed or carried downstairs every time and cannot use the elevator on their own.
What do you expect to see? The dogs should be able to take the elevator to get downstairs on their own. I know this is "unrealistic", but my reason for saying so is that the dogs have no issue taking the elevators in any district other than the financial district.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have confirmed this to be an issue with the 888 Spires Apartment, but I believe it extends to every building with an elevator in the Financial District of San Myshuno.

I had mods, but I removed them all when I was testing.

Message 2 of 45 (21,849 Views)

Re: Dogs can't use elevators in Financial District

Hero
Hi @kaeyresky

merged your post with what I'm guessing is the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 45 (21,832 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] [CD] Dogs can't use elevators in Financial District

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 45 (21,781 Views)
Highlighted

(C&D) Pets cant pee outside apartments

★★ Apprentice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, All game packs except vampires stuff packs: Fitness, Toddler, bowling night, luxury stuff, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? pets living in apartments in the uptown neighborhood of san myshuno can't go downstairs to potty when asked . I've tried several apartments in the neighborhood and it doesnt work- but it works fine in the arts quarter and spice district Ask a dog to potty in one of the uptown apartments.
What happens when the bug occurs? pets get thought bubble over their head as if somethings in the way
What do you expect to see? pets being able to go downstairs on their own like they do in the other apartment districts in san myshuno
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 5 of 45 (21,780 Views)

Re: (C&D) Pets cant pee outside apartments

Hero

Hi @katherinekp

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 45 (21,761 Views)

Re: (C&D) Pets cant pee outside apartments

★★ Apprentice

Thanks ! Standard smile

Message 7 of 45 (21,745 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] [CD] Dogs can't use elevators in Financial District

★★★★★ Novice

Hi

I may have found a workaround. I am in Arts Quarter and asking dog to go potty doesn't work as per the bug however If you go into the foyer area (out of your apartment but still in the building) and call your dog so that both of you are out the apartment then asking your dog to go potty works. i don't know if this works in all buildings/apartments as i have not tested it fully but it could be a temporary workaround

Message 8 of 45 (21,696 Views)

Dog can't exit apartment front door by itself, so

★★★★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm in the apartment, can't recall the name, but it's the only one that doesn't have noisy neighbours, at the price of 750. The issue is, the dog, even though he can go out by himself to do his... deeds, he just can't get out of the front door of the apartment on his own. I can keep on asking him to go out but he just can't and gives that icon that says no route to do the thing. BUT, if I just step out into the hallway the dog can follow me there, and from there he can get into the elevator and go out and do his business. Current apartment traits, in case they matter for this: Quiet Private
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog simply shows the "no route to location" icon.
What do you expect to see? The dog to be able to walk out the front door of the apartment.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't know why the dog can't get out of the door. I've set no door access limitations at all, I'm guessing it's something to do with apartments all in all?

Message 9 of 45 (21,443 Views)

Re: Dog can't exit apartment front door by itself, so

Hero

Hi @Wintermist 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 45 (21,418 Views)