by siirysiir

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] [CD] Cats Do Not Kill City Living TLC Apt. Mice

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current expansions, game pack and updates.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? All City Living apartments with the needs TLC trait have this issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cats do not interact with the mouse holes that come in these apartments.
What do you expect to see? It was confirmed that cats were supposed to kill pest mice with pets. I have seen them attack the mouse holes that come in pets, but not the original apartment versions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm not sure if this was ever reported since it was never fixed but its very bothersome none the less. Please fix this so it works as intended <3 

Message 1 of 12 (5,687 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CL] [CD] Cats Do Not Kill City Living TLC Apt. Mice

Hero
Hi

to be sure. Do they completely ignore them ?

Haven't had a chance to test.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (5,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yes! I've been playing in these apartments for months and I can say I've never once seen an interaction with the cats and mice in TLC spots.

Message 3 of 12 (5,508 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Has this been tested yet? I dont see it on the bugs masterlist.

Message 4 of 12 (5,457 Views)

Hero
I've been away a whole week and didn't have the time.

Please be patient.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (5,446 Views)

Hero
Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (5,394 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] [CD] Cats Do Not Kill City Living TLC Apt. Mice

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrictWillonne I didn't know they were supposed to interact! Well, I THOUGHT they would so my sim with a rat problem got a cat only for this reason, although it was a tiny apartment and almost didn't have room for a cat. And then it didn't interact with the rats. I just figured the game makers wanted it that way and that it wasn't a bug. I've had this issue for months so it didn't come with recent patches, if anyone's wondering.
Message 7 of 12 (5,142 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also only got a cat for this very reason, then to find out they just completely ignore vermin Frown

Message 8 of 12 (4,965 Views)

★★ Pro

So yeah, this one still very much persists. The cats completely ignore the rats in apartments. 

Message 9 of 12 (4,247 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Gellyzar That's right! They completely ignore them. It's ridiculous and after all these years, still no fix.
Message 10 of 12 (1,696 Views)