Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Bulldoze Zenview Apartments causes endless loading

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them. (Except Eco Lifestyle)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you bulldoze Zenview Apartments.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I bulldoze Zenview Apartments in build mode, a long loading screen pops up. However, it doesn’t bulldoze the apartment and my game is frozen.
What do you expect to see? When this bug happens I can’t exit out of the game. I have to completely shut down or restart my computer for it go away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug happens in every save I have. I only have 2. When I bulldoze the apartments it says ‘not expanded to Ops.’ That’s when the long frozen loading screen happens.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 12 (5,160 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Bulldoze Zenview Apartments causes endless loading

[ Edited ]
Hero

Since they fixed the Ops Error, this is hopefully squished too.

Can I get some feedback if it's still occurring ?

EDIT: Tested this and was able to bulldoze both Zenview Apartmetns fine.

Fixed an issue in which the message “Not Expanded to Ops” would appear while in Build Mode and would hinder gameplay. If this is the behavior with “Not Expanded to Ops” I don’t want to see what “Expanded to Ops” looks like, unless it is a good thing, but let’s not get carried away.

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

Marking as fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (3,574 Views)

All Replies

"Not expanded to ops" in 702 Zenview apartment

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get to work, Get together, city living, seasons. cats and dogs GP: Dine out, Parenthood, Jungle adventure SP: Movie Hangout, Bowling Night, Laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try bulldozing or deleting/adding inside walls of 702 Zenview aprtment
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to buldolzer 702 Zenview apartment it keeps loading and I need to close my game and when I try to delete or add walls (interior) I can't and it says "Not expanded to ops"
What do you expect to see? If I bulldozer the lot, inside walls and furniture deleted and if I delete the interior to wall to get it deleted
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed after the last patch (Jun 3rd 2020) but I also bought and installed Jungle adveture on June 2nd!

Like I said before I can't delete or add interior walls of 702 Zenview apartment and it is probably it won't bulldozer the lot as well. I tryed ataching photos that show the buldozing of walls in the apartment. I also noticed that I can build in the apartment in an older save.

Message 2 of 12 (5,087 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Bulldoze Zenview Apartments causes endless loading

Hero
@EvilinPink Can duplicate this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (5,092 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] Bulldoze Zenview Apartments causes endless loading

Hero (Retired)

This same thing happens on PS4. I tried bulldozing that lot and had to force close the game because it just went into the load screen and never stopped. 

Message 4 of 12 (5,087 Views)

★★ Novice
@EvilinPink Hi! It seems that the stairs are not placed correctly. Remove the 701 Apts' stairs first and then go to the 702 and do the same. Once done, you should be able to build freely. Just make sure that you place the stairs in a spot where they match the second's floor positioning. I had this issue today, did that and it worked perfectly.
Message 5 of 12 (4,885 Views)

Is anyone else unable to bulldoze or renovate Zenview, 702 ap?

★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Español
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Exp: Get to work, Get together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, University. GP: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Jungle Adventure. SP: Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard Stuff, Fitness, Todler Stuff, Moschino.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just get inyto ZenView apartments
What happens when the bug occurs? I can´t bulldoze or delete any walls, floors... anything on the ZenView, 702 apartment. If I try to delete a red error appears and when I try to bulldoze, it stays loading for ages. Can't do anything to get out or stop the loading, so I have to force the game shut down with the tasks admin. There's no other way. I`ve tried it in every single gameplay, even creating a new one, and the bug stays, No matter if you move a family into the ap or just want to renovate it being empty. I've got rid of mods, repaired, reinstalled... nothing seems to work.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to bulldoze and renovate it normally as I can do with any other apartment (so far, don't know if I'll get this same problem in any other apartments soon...)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I only noticed it after the last update/the purchase of Cool Kitchen and Moschino pack.

Bulldozing/Renovating problems on Zenview, 702 apartment.

Message 6 of 12 (4,834 Views)

★★★ Novice
@xcmFunky nope, didn't work for me. Replaced the stairs in the 701 (the painting seemed to be the problem), then did the same in the 702... checked everything twice and... nope Frown
Message 7 of 12 (4,784 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem and I have discovered a work around solution to use until EA fixes this bug.

Solution:

1) Bulldoze 701 ZenView. 🔴 Yes I said 701. For some reason this is where the bug is stemming from. 🔴 Don't forget to save a file of your current/default build from 701 before bulldozing so that you don't lose it. If for some reason you forget, I am placing a save file on gallery for uploading of the original apartment for 701 and 702 ZenView first and second floors within the next 24 hours (June 28, 2020). My EA Account ID is Nikquin.

2) Go back to 702 ZenView and now you can edit/build the apartment. 🔴 You may need to build your 2nd floor before being able to place any stairs because for some reason there are ceilings missing from the 1st floor and flooring missing from the 2nd floor. 🔴

3) Go back to 701 ZenView and now edit/build the apartment. 🔴 Again, You may need to build your 2nd floor before being able to place any stairs because for some reason there are ceilings missing from the 1st floor and flooring missing from the 2nd floor. 🔴

Message 8 of 12 (4,719 Views)

Re: "Not expanded to ops" in 702 Zenview apartment

★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem and I have discovered a work around solution to use until EA fixes this bug.

Solution:

1) Bulldoze 701 ZenView. 🔴 Yes I said 701. For some reason this is where the bug is stemming from. 🔴 Don't forget to save a file of your current/default build from 701 before bulldozing so that you don't lose it. If for some reason you forget, I am placing a save file on gallery for uploading of the original apartment for 701 and 702 ZenView first and second floors within the next 24 hours (June 28, 2020). My EA Account ID is Nikquin.

2) Go back to 702 ZenView and now you can edit/build the apartment. 🔴 You may need to build your 2nd floor before being able to place any stairs because for some reason there are ceilings missing from the 1st floor and flooring missing from the 2nd floor. 🔴

3) Go back to 701 ZenView and now edit/build the apartment. 🔴 Again, You may need to build your 2nd floor before being able to place any stairs because for some reason there are ceilings missing from the 1st floor and flooring missing from the 2nd floor. 🔴

Message 9 of 12 (4,717 Views)

702 Zenview wont renovate

★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons, get to work, city living, parenthood, dine out, outdoor retreat, tiny living, toddler stuff, bowling, backyard stuff, and holiday celebration.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 702 Zen View apartment every time I go to edit the apartment, it will not allow. If I attempt to bulldoze it freezes the game, I have tried this over 10 times, each time getting the same result.
What happens when the bug occurs? Either the game freezes in a loading pattern ( frozen in that it will attempt the load for over 30 minutes or message of "Not expanded to ops"
What do you expect to see? Should be able to build in the apartment, repaint walls, change door locations.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I want to renovate and it won't let me!

Message 10 of 12 (4,535 Views)