[FIXED] [CD] Wellness Treat Causing Endless Negative Mood

by NZsimm3r

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Wellness Treat Causing Endless Negative Mood

★★★★★ Apprentice

OH no! I'm so sorry, i did it again. It's littlemisssam.

Message 11 of 41 (2,050 Views)

Hero
Please just edit your post next time.

Click on the three dots and choose edit post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 41 (2,040 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there!  Long time Simmer, new to TS4.  I'm having this issue, and have archived and uploaded my save to Google Drive.  Hope it helps in your investigation!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zMIV5p8Uy1yFufRoePf1WmBl5errE5m1

In real life time, I ran the game for about 2-4 hours after giving the Wellness Treat.  The pet had flies all over it at the time I administered the treat, so I assumed it was Swampmouth affecting him.  The issue with constant fear started about one sim day after the treat was administered.  One or two sim days passed with this problem still occurring, although I was not on the home lot for that entire duration.  I attempted to travel with the pet, to see if whatever was causing him distress was lot-specific, but the fear state didn't disappear even when traveling.

Hope that's useful to you!  Thanks for your hard work!

Message 13 of 41 (2,008 Views)

Hero
Thanks for the save

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 41 (1,999 Views)

Pet is constantly afraid. No option to calm down.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of the Expansions and stuffpacks installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? # Have a pet # My pet got sick # I took my pet to the vet # Gave him the most expensive treatment # Return home from the vet
What happens when the bug occurs? After returning from the vet, my dog is constantly afraid without any option of calming them down. When I ask what's wrong, my pet gives me a cone of shame cloud bubble
What do you expect to see? My pet should have the option to calm him and the feeling should go away after a certain time. (It's been over a sims week now)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 15 of 41 (1,964 Views)

Re: Pet is constantly afraid. No option to calm down.

Hero
Hi @MapleFlakes

merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 41 (1,951 Views)

Cats and Dogs constantly scared for no reason.... STILL

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, every game pack except Jungle Adventure, and Vintage Glamour being the only stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household with pets, sit back and watch.
What happens when the bug occurs? The color on the pet's icon gets orange meaning they're uncomfortable. They're always whining and sad. Ask them what's wong and a thought bubble with a lamp shade over someone's head pops up and the game tells me the pet is afraid of something and needs a minute to calm down. Little did I know a minute is apparently an eternity in Sims.
What do you expect to see? There should be a wider range of emotions? And emotions that are reasonable? There's literally nothing to be afraid of in the house where my Sims live, as I have deleted everything there is to be scared of. I've used all the cheats, I've repaired the game and I've given them wellness treats - nothing works. I expect to also be able to see my pet's age, learned tricks, needs and moodlets (yes, even if it's not ***realistic***), but I guess I can't expect to see a DLC I paid 40 dollars for to actually work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is seriously unacceptable. The game's been out for half a year and they haven't fixed it? ALL the pets in my household are constantly whining, I'm going insane. I've tried every suggested fix and nothing's working, why can't they just fix their game?? The only thing that's worked so far is giving the pets up for adoption, but what's the point of buying the freaking DLC then?

I'm also noticing that most of the players actually want to be able to see the age of their pet (who knew, huh????), their learned tricks, aquired quirks and fears, their needs and their moodlets. I've also reported the bug twice, but I don't expect to see that fixing anything. Anyone else still having this issue or is it just me having the worst luck of all time? I really don't see how it's okay to charge 40 dollars for a broken game... 

Message 17 of 41 (1,843 Views)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, vampires and parenthood game packs, none of the stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Craft or purchase a wellness treat. Feed treat to pet. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The pet on eating the wellness treat gets a negative moodlet that does not seem to have a timer and so just continues. 
What do you expect to see? The pet not becoming endlessly in a negative/scared/uncomfortable mood after eating a wellness treat. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Pinging this again, because I just ran into the exact same issue. Fed my cats wellness treats and now they are constantly scared. Tried other fixes such as cheat codes to remove moodlets, but nothing works, nor does feeding them an extra wellness treat or repairing the game.

Message 18 of 41 (1,826 Views)

Re: Cats and Dogs constantly scared for no reason.... STILL

Hero

HI @gamlegrete

merged your post with existing thread.

The wellness treat can still cause this. They can also get scared from the weather and sometimes are afraid of certain furniture

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 41 (1,806 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hadn't thought of the wellness treat, I think my pets became scared and uncomfortable before giving it to them. I think it started when the dog got sick and I took him to the vet. So it seems like everything that has to do with the vet makes the pets permanently traumatized? Kinda funny, but would be great if they'd fix it............. Like..... maybe before the DLC is a year old......... 

Message 20 of 41 (1,796 Views)