Re: Cat is permanently scared after eating wellness treat

by JasonVega2

Original Post

Hero

Hi @AustralisSims

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 41 (1,741 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Holy Cow Plants! I wish I'd known about this bug before innocently feeding a wellness treat to my Sim's cat!

Whine-whine-whine!

So, I play several different households in the same game and I had just barely decided to age up the kitten. First time to the vet. I bought the age-up treat and after a few days noticed little heart-bubbles around the cat a lot. Fearing a cat pregnancy, I took the cat in to be spayed - which was when I noticed the wellness treats and bought some.

Bad mistake!

I've tried everything I could think of; resetting the animal, modifying it in CAS, then went looking online for solutions. Tried the "remove all buffs" cheat that was mentioned in a parallel thread and that did nothing either. The cat cries almost continually or runs off down the street in a panic.

So, still an issue as of October 2018.

Message 32 of 41 (1,639 Views)

Hero

Hi  @JasonVega2

I think the cheat was disabled so you will need a mod to turn it back on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 41 (1,630 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Wow.  Still?  Between animals getting CONSTANTLY sick, vet trips taking forever when my sims do have to go to their jobs now and then, and wellness treat permanently making pets scared, Cats & Dogs is basically an unplayable expansion at this point.

Message 34 of 41 (1,561 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I've had this problem SO MUCH and never thought it'd be the Wellness Treats, UGH.
My terrible pets are ALWAYS sick so I stopped going to the vet bc treats are easier, but they are SO LOUD AND WHINY 24/7.
I actually legit have only added pets to my current save to take 3 pics and delete them without my story being affected
But now this gen of my legacy HAD TO be a cat lover :/
(Serves me right for trying to play with randomized traits I guess)
Message 35 of 41 (1,472 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this issue (without mods)?  If so, and if you are willing to share your save files, please send me a private message with a link to the files.

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 36 of 41 (1,438 Views)

Hero
This thread hasn't had any 'action' in ages.

Is anyone actually still seeing this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 41 (1,301 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

No idea.  I had to use a mod to fix it after no fix came in months and months, and the expansion I'd paid for was unplayable.  I find it interesting that bugs can be widespread enough that modders take the time to fix them for free, and yet somehow EA finds it so impossible to find and fix them for months or years.

Message 38 of 41 (1,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm going to mark this as fixed as there hasn't been any new reports since forever and testing my game, it seems fine.

If anyone still has it, please post. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 41 (5,993 Views)

★★★ Guide

Bug is not fixed, my dog became constantly scared and sad after being given a wellness treat. Any fixes for this or am I just going to have to delete the dog? 

Message 40 of 41 (297 Views)