Re: [OPEN] [CD] Wellness Treat Causing Endless Negative Mood

by gamlegrete

Original Post

Hero
It used to .. but that part is supposed to be fixed.

Hm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 41 (1,854 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @gamlegrete

As Crin stated, we are aware of the wellness treat issue. But I have a question for you Standard smile.

Are you sure this issue was not caused by the treat? Did your pets get a preventative shot at the vet before all this started?

Thank you very much for your report!

Message 22 of 41 (1,837 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

One of the dogs got sick and he got the "expensive" treatment from the vet, which was a shot. I think that's when it started, then the wellness treat just made it worse. But I only brought one dog to the vet and every pet in the household got scared. I even tried adopting a new cat to see what would happen and he also got uncomfortable and scared, without wellness treats or visits to the vet.

I think I'll start a new household with several pets without giving them the treats and taking them to the vet to see what happens. Then I can keep a look out if visits to the vet, preventative shots, or wellness treats triggers it. 

Message 23 of 41 (1,827 Views)

Hero
Did you take them to the vet after say May ? I can't remember when it was fixed but afair, affected pets weren't automatically healed from the bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 41 (1,821 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Started a new homeless rags-to-riches challenge today with a new sim, the twist being she'll become a Crazy Cat Lady. She adopted a stray on the first day (aka today) and since he had fleas, she bought a wellness treat to cure him, couldn't afford treatments yet. By the evening, aka maybe ...six hours after eating the treat, the constant being afraid of unnamed things all the time began. As usual, if you make the cat happy, the happy moodlet will cover it up for a bit, but then it returns. 

I tried to do the usual cheat fix, aka sims.remove_all_buffs <sim_id>, but I guess that's now among the cheats that don't work anymore. Since that was the only fix for it, all I can now hope it'll actually go away at some point. I honestly thought the bug was already fixed, or I would have just let him stay sick until she could afford the treatment. ...or I might actually restart the challenge, feel too bad for the unhappy kitty.

All this just to say that yes, the bug still occurs, and that its usual cheat fix doesn't.

Later edit: the sim is new, freshly created, but the gamesave is very old. Also no guarantee on how old the stray is.

Message 25 of 41 (1,759 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Found some German person who made a mod that solved the issue. 

Hope it works for you guys as well.

<please don't link mods, just name then,. Link removed>

Message 26 of 41 (1,727 Views)

★ Novice

mods name is petanxiousbufffix or something like that. works with current version and is updated fairly regularly it looks like

Message 27 of 41 (1,726 Views)

★ Apprentice

Why is this still not fixed? It has been 8 months and it is a core feature of the game: treats for cats and dogs, which is not working.

Message 28 of 41 (1,680 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem too, which has apparently gone unfixed for months.  Definitely caused by the wellness treat; my dog has not been to the vet.

Message 29 of 41 (1,627 Views)

Cat is permanently scared after eating wellness treat

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Spa Day, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give a pet a wellness treat
What happens when the bug occurs? My cat is permanently scared of something after beign fed a wellness treat, and resetting, debugging and taking to the vet for a checkup have not helped.
What do you expect to see? The cat being happy/nornal after being fed a wellness treat
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As the information says, my cat is permanently scared of something after being fed a wellness treat. i have tried removing mods, resetting the cat (shift-click + "DEBUG")and I have also tried taking it back to the vet.

I am aware that the cat is scared of music and the television, but asking "What's wrong?" only comes up with a message about how the cat is scared and needs to calm down.

Message 30 of 41 (1,590 Views)