Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Wellness Treat Causing Endless Negative Mood

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All to date
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Craft or purchase a wellness treat. Feed treat to pet.
What happens when the bug occurs? The pet on eating the wellness treat gets a negative moodlet that does not seem to have a timer and so just continues.
What do you expect to see? The pet not becoming endlessly in a negative/scared/uncomfortable mood after eating a wellness treat.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

While patch 12/12/17 - PC 1.37.35.1010 / Mac 1.37.35.1210 may have solved this issue with the wellness shot unfortunately the wellness treat is still causing pets to have an endless negative icon/mood.

Message 1 of 41 (7,752 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cat is permanently scared after eating wellness treat

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm going to mark this as fixed as there hasn't been any new reports since forever and testing my game, it seems fine.

If anyone still has it, please post. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 39 of 41 (5,989 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Wellness Treat Causing Endless Negative Mood

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 41 (7,616 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Cats and Dogs permanently scared after vet check-up

★★★ Newbie

Took one of my dogs to the vet and bought Wellness Treats. Went home after the vet visit and gave 2 of my dogs Wellness Treats and they both became scared after giving them the treat. So far, they are both still scared and it won't go away. I'm glad I didn't give it to all of them. There's 2 dogs and three puppies. I was planning on giving the treats to all of them.

Message 3 of 41 (7,592 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @NZsimm3r

We are having trouble trying to reproduce you issue. Would you be willing to help us a bit? Standard smile

If so, please send us your save games. Instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Also, we have a couple questions for you. 

How long did you run the game after the "Wellness Treat" was given to the pet? 

Was the pet healthy, sick or recently cured when the issue occured?

Thanks a lot! 

Message 4 of 41 (7,539 Views)

★ Guide

Oh gosh, sorry I didn't see this reply in time and have deleted that save ages ago. The pet was healthy and I ran the game I think from memory just over 2 sims weeks after giving the wellness treat.

Message 5 of 41 (7,501 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello thread, I have been doing some testing myself. It seems if Swampmouth came from Swampwater Treat, the Wellness Treat works as intended. So, it may be related to Swampmouth that doesn't come from treat. Most of my findings will be here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/933899/vet-clinic-exame-table-no-sick-pet-on-lot#latest

As said in a post on that thread, I made a second test game with a random sim and a random dog already part of the family. Had my Sim go buy wellness treats, came back home and had Sim give dog one Wellness treat. Negative moodlet on dog. saved a copy of the game like that, loaded a previous, had sim get the other treats to test. Haven't tested the others yet, but Swampwater treat before Wellness treat could potentially be a temporary work around, not too sure...

Message 6 of 41 (7,500 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have had this same issue in my game. I went to the vet just for a regular check up when my dog was not sick and got some of the vet treats. When I got back to the hone lot i gave my dog a wellness treat to see what it would do and now he is constantly scared. It had been about a week in sims time and he is still scared. No other vet treats were given and dog had never been sick before and came already neutered
Message 7 of 41 (7,471 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't know if this is related, but something with the wellness treat I've noticed is when you give it to a pet when they are sick, it causes problems.

I had given a wellness treat to all my sim's animals (1 dog and 4 cats) when they all were healthy (right after a preventive shot) and all of them were fine. However, I then gave the wellness treat to a sick stray (because I couldn't cure them) and to my sim's own sick dog (because she doesn't have a lot of money and bills were due.) After giving them the treat, the symptoms of the illness went away, but then they started fainting. My sim's dog is also now afraid of something along with fainting constantly. At first thought the fainting was over exhaustion but now I'm not sure after reading these comments.

Message 8 of 41 (7,399 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My dog was not sick and was in a happy mood. My dog was at the home lot. When my sim came home from the vetclinic, where she works as a vet she gave the dog a wellness treat. Right after she gave this i noticed that the dog had this affraid of something moodlett and it stayed that way no matter what i did. After searching for a solution i tried the remove all buffs cheat and that seemed to help. So i do not think it is related to anything like sickness, but the wellness treat it self is causing the issue.

For anyone who wants to know, Misslittlesam has made a bugfix that you can use or use the remove all buffs cheat for it until it gets solved.

Message 9 of 41 (7,374 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Sorry it has to be misslittlesam. It was 2.30 in the morning when i wrote that.
Message 10 of 41 (7,355 Views)