by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Weird Hug/Feel Love Animations with small dogs and cats

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to hug your pet and feel love in the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? The animations are not executed properly. The animals disappear in the body of the Sims.
What do you expect to see? That the animation runs correctly!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The problem occurred after patch 1.58.63.1010.

The animations, Hugs and Feel love for small pets no longer work since the last patch properly. Above all, male Sims are extremely affected.

13.11.19_22-30-22.png

13.11.19_22-30-31.png

Message 1 of 13 (3,580 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Animations with small dogs and cats no longer work

★ Guide

I saw this yesterday in my game as well. But I feel like pets have always done this sometimes, not really since the latest patch.

IMG-20191113-WA0003.jpeg

Message 2 of 13 (3,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Hoppel785 Tested this with my cat and while it does go a bit into the body it's not as bad for me as on your pictures.

Thanks for the report.

@juliabam123  Same interactions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (3,516 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict sorry, I am not sure. I think it was just the interaction 'hug'. But could've been something else.

Message 4 of 13 (3,511 Views)

Hero
@juliabam123 OK. I'm keeping this for Hugs and Feel the love as they are similar.

The Pet interaction that also causes distortions has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-Body-distortion-on-Pet-Interaction/td-p/7910025...

If it's something else, please create yet another thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (3,505 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict, It is extremely noticeable in the male Sims, in the female Sims it is not so bad. I took a new game without mods and downloads.
Message 6 of 13 (3,470 Views)

Hero
@Hoppel785 I did test with a female so that might explain it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (3,468 Views)

Hand bug when petting small dogs

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get to work, City Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a Shiba Inu, and click on "Feel the love" when interacting with them, or interactions that does the same animation
What happens when the bug occurs? The hand of your sim (adult) will bug in a weird angle
What do you expect to see? A normal animation with no weird angles
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It is verry unsettling as is really happens everytime I interact with my dog, and I don't know why, I hope there is a solution for this. The geometry of the dog may be weird ?

Thanks in advances ):

Message 8 of 13 (3,261 Views)

Re: Hand bug when petting small dogs

Hero
@Admostiel Going to merge this with the existing feel love animation issue. Might depend on the breed on how the weirdness appears.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (3,244 Views)

Re: Hand bug when petting small dogs

★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you very much ! Hope this will help...
Message 10 of 13 (3,236 Views)