by Tiarella4

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Walking dog cause random teleportation

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number?  1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Walk your dog. Then click anywhere on the map to choose "encourage dog to do business " interaction.
What happens when the bug occurs? Dog will be teleported to a place(I believe it's the spawn point. ) which is very far away from the sim.
What do you expect to see? We can walk dog normally in Sulani.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure but it seems that this glitch will also happen even if you don't do the "encourage dog to do business " interaction when you are walking your dog.

I only tested walking dog in Sulani and Brindleton Bay.

It seems this glitch only happens in Sulani. 

Message 1 of 19 (2,341 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] [CD] Walking dog cause random teleportation in Sulani

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (2,258 Views)

Dog gets moved away from Sim

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Seasons, Get Together, Get To Work, Outdoor Retreat, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff and both free content packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a dog for a walk and tell them to defect.
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog walks away in one direction, not caring about the bushes nor the rocks in front of her or just teleports to a certain place while still being on a leash (I've only taken her for a walk in Brindleton Bay).
What do you expect to see? The doggo should be able to defect where my Sim tells her to and not move a big bunch of steps away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The bug is really bugging me () so please repair it as fast as you can!

Message 3 of 19 (2,250 Views)

Re: Dog gets moved away from Sim

Hero
@wikstrinteria Merged this with another thread we had and made it more general for all worlds but I'm unsure what you mean by defect ?

Could you post the interactions name in polish or post a picture ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (2,231 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Walking dog cause random teleportation

Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this issue, could someone possibly share a save file where they've seen this issue? Thanks for the help! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 19 (2,216 Views)

★ Guide

This happens in Willow Creek as well. I’ve noticed my sims dog at other spawn spots while the sim i have out walking the dog is somewhere else. Along with dogs constantly whining for a walk even though my sims have walked them already.

Message 6 of 19 (2,201 Views)

Hero
@MysticGlamazon Could you send your save to @SimGuruNick ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (2,188 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I sent a savefile to SimGuruNick yesterday*, as I have had notable teleportation by dogs who are getting walked (Windenburg, around December 2018, & B.Bay just a week or so ago); in both worlds even the 'short walk' is very very long, which might be a relevant factor.  I frequently use the 'ask dog to do business here,' & the teleporting, iirc, happened after that.  It often takes a long time for the 'do business' command to drop into the active spot; I've learned, when taking a dog for a walk, not to queue up more than 2 commands because the sim usually only does one of them anyway, usually at the pre-programmed stopping points.  The 'do business here' command does eventually cause the sim to stop, unlike commands to pet/talk/etc., but the dog may keep going, & the teleporting is, in my view, the game's attempt to re-sync the simhuman and the dog.  The re-sync-ing often doesn't work well, & in B.Bay I've had the game cancel the walk entirely, with the simhuman and the dog being a very large distance apart.

I didn't put all those details in my pm to Nick, as we're supposed to keep it short.

eta:  * @crinrict - it's the same file I sent you w/my username, in case you develop an intense yearning to play with/see this issue yourself.  Tongue out  Windenburg HH with the issue was the Thomas Lee/Gabriela Perez/Willy Kozlov family; I forget which name shows on mouseover.  B.Bay HH was the Rudenko family.  In both cases, the simhuman walking the dog was the elder; don't know if that's relevant or not.

Regarding an earlier question, I believe a previous poster was using 'defect' as shorthand for 'defecate.'

Message 8 of 19 (2,173 Views)

Hero
@Tiarella4 Thanks for sending.

I might check it out if I find some time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (2,160 Views)

Re: Dog gets moved away from Sim

★★★ Novice
@crinrict haha i didnt know if the world existed in English, i meant poop or pee XD
Message 10 of 19 (2,129 Views)