[FIXED] [CD] Unable to use pet poop as fertilizer

by ANTONJPSTER

Original Post

Re: Pet Poop Fertilization Glitch

★★★★ Apprentice
@AngelicDevil90 Oh one more thing, don't forget to try opening the cheats window and using the resetSim cheat. Sometimes saving the game, going in and out of build mode, or traveling with the sim can also fix issues. Good luck!
Message 21 of 34 (1,509 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Note all pet poop can be used as fertilizer, only the big ones, and the ones from the sickness and a treat.

Message 22 of 34 (1,482 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: PC

Which language are you playing the game in?: English

How often does the bug occur?: Every time (100%) now

What is your current game version number?: Not sure...recently updated before installing City living.

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?: Sims 4, Cats & Dogs, Vampires, Get to work, City living,

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Attempt to fertilize plants with brown Large Pet Poop or brown Small Pet Poop

What happens when the bug occurs?: The plant is not fertilized, poop does not leave the inventory. Plants can only be fertilized one at a time with other plants

What do you expect to see?: Expect the plant to be fertilized and pet poop removed like it used to?

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?: Yes, has mods, but they haven't ever caused an issue before or like this.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?: Dog poop has not worked since the recent update and addition of the City living installation.

Message 23 of 34 (1,399 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening for me as well. Dog poop shows as a fertilizer option but doesn't actually fertilize even when my sim does the motions. And If I use anything else I can only do one plant at a time and then wait, if I don't wait the item I use to fertilize still disappears like it was used but the plant being fertilized doesn't actually get fertilized. I have only been playing about 2-3 weeks now and so my game started with this bug. Please fix this and don't make me regret buying the sims 4! If I wanted to deal with a ton of bugs I would have just kept playing the sims 3!!

Message 24 of 34 (1,339 Views)

★ Novice

I'm sorry... but you're saying that not being able to fertilize your plants with poop would make you regret buying a game? There are lots of other fun parts of the game!

Message 25 of 34 (1,281 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes because I was worried about the number of bugs I still dealt with in the SIMS 3. I have only been playing the SIms 4 about a month (maybe a little more) and already run into several annoying bugs that seem to be getting ignored. As usual EA/Maxis are more interested in putting out more pack so people give them their money. 

Message 26 of 34 (1,229 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [CD] Unable to use pet poop as fertilizer

[ Edited ]
Hero

Pets’ ehm… poop is now able to be used as plant fertilizer. Happy gardening!

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

Seems there's a new issue, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-Fertilizing-with-Pet-Poop-does-nothing/td-p/917...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 34 (4,311 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you Crinrict i have tested pet poop as fertiliser. It is working now after recent patch 1.63.133.

Message 28 of 34 (1,060 Views)

Hero
@ANTONJPSTER So you had no issues at all ? Someone else reported they are now getting routing issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 34 (1,044 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

No issue so far Crinrict.I have only used. Pet poop fertiliser twice fertilizing only  one plant each time.I have not yet fertilized  multiple plants with more than one pet poop.

Message 30 of 34 (1,010 Views)