[FIXED] [CD] Unable to perform vet surgery/ spay & unspay

by motivatedhobo

Original Post

Re: Sims pets Spay/Neuter

Hero

Hi @mischieftravvy 

This is a known bug.

Merged your post with existing bug report.

Only thing that works is to become the vet yourself, own the clinic and spay the animal that way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 84 (2,213 Views)

Re: Sims pets Spay/Neuter

★★★ Apprentice

There is another way I’ve found to fix this, if you enter the ‘Change Sim’ screen in CAS, you can change your dog/cat to fixed and it works, all without needing cheats!

Message 72 of 84 (2,165 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Unable to perform vet surgery

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also have the same problem in order for my sim to preform the surgery I have to have my sim buy the vet clinic and preform the surgery herself

Message 73 of 84 (2,106 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Unable to perform vet surgery/ spay & unspay

★ Novice
I have a similar problem, I think? I recently bought a vet clinic. I can greet patients. But then, when I try to examine or perform procedure on them, my sim get's the "can't walk x". I can walk over to the examining table and the surgery station. But, I can't do anything with them. My vet employees also just clean and don't do any actual vet stuff. What do?
Message 74 of 84 (2,012 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well the devs said there's a patch arriving on Tuesday 16th April for America and Wednesday 17th April for Australia and New Zealand. They said it will be their biggest patch for bug fixes since forever according to SimGuruNick on Twitter for those who don't follow. This gives me lots of hope that this and many other bugs that have been such a big nuance for players will finally be resolved. I for one have had to stop playing as my game is essentially broken and filled with game bugs and glitches that have stopped me from playing normally. (And the answer is yes we have all repaired the game many times.) I was starting to reach breaking point as I could no longer play a product I paid money for which is unacceptable. But since the big patch and bug fixes are approaching I think I can finally relax and begin to enjoy my game again. 

Message 75 of 84 (1,998 Views)

★★★ Novice

I searched the notes on that big update they just did, and it didn't say anything about this issue. What's the point of having pets if they're too annoying because we can't spay/neuter them?

Message 76 of 84 (1,904 Views)

Re: Spay Issue - Sims 4

★★★★★ Newbie
I can't Spay my dog either! She just goes in then directly goes out again and nothing happen
Message 77 of 84 (1,875 Views)

Re: Spay Issue - Sims 4

★★★★ Pro

I started a new game for testing and - yes!! - spaying my cat in the Brindleton Bay clinic was successful for the first time in months. May be just luck, but perhaps other players should also test if this bug still occurs in fully patched games.

Message 78 of 84 (1,871 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have the same issue. I can't go to the vet to have a female pet spayed. the vet will go to do the procedure but won't complete it and the machine's screen then looks broken or glitched with static across it with the spay image. you can, however, buy your own surgery station and do the spay at your sims home lot. but that defeats the purpose of the vet sometimes. new save, old, save, no mod, mods... the same result every time.

Message 79 of 84 (1,857 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I tested this several times now in new/old saves with male/female cats/dogs in premade/self-built clinics with good/bad spaying machines and it was successful every time. Looks like the bug is fixed for me after this week's patches.

Message 80 of 84 (1,846 Views)