[FIXED] [CD] Unable to perform vet surgery/ spay & unspay

by motivatedhobo

Original Post

Re: Pets wont spay or unspay

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

A good work-around for this bug is to purchase the vet clinic and perform the spay/neuter yourself. It works if your sim does it at their own clinic.

Message 21 of 84 (7,989 Views)

Spay Issue - Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am about to lose my mind here. My cat, Ham Sammi, has now had two litters. EACH time I try to take her to get spayed at the vet here's exactly what happens:

1. Sign up for spay.

2. Wait for vet.

3. Vet takes her to surgery machine.

4. She goes into the surgery machine for 5 seconds.

5. She is spit right back out surgery machine. The machine lights up with an outline of her skeleton, then a big "X" flashes while it makes a noise.

I have tried this so many times. I have kept three of her kittens because the guilt is REAL about getting rid of them, but I just want to spay her. What is the problem? I thought last time maybe she was already pregnant but this trip she JUST gave birth like 12 hours before I took her to the vet so there's no way she's already pregnant? 

Edit: Welp. Zoomed all the way in and realized it was a stork. I reloaded my save time and went RIGHT after she gave birth to three kittens. How is she already pregnant?

Message 22 of 84 (7,967 Views)

Re: Spay Issue - Sims 4

Hero

Hi @nicolecard896

merged your post with existing bug thread on the issue. Seems quite a lot of people are currently having issues with this.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 84 (7,946 Views)

★ Guide

I’m also having this issue. I take my sims cat to the vet to get spayed and she can’t get spayed. She goes into the surgery center and nothing happens. I don’t know what to do. I really want to play this family and I can’t with this issue. I don’t want a pregnant cat. Help!! Is there any cheat to spay cats and dogs?? 

Also ive tried repairing the game and a different vet with no luck.

Message 24 of 84 (7,939 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the help merging my post here - guess I should mention I am playing on PC. I think it's making my save file buggy because she keeps glitching. Frown

I may just try editing the cat to make her a male to see if that will stop the litters? I never get a notification she is pregnant - but she's very clearly pregnant for the fourth time now because immediately after naming this third set of kittens, I went to the surgery station and it wouldn't do anything again.

Message 25 of 84 (7,924 Views)

Hero
You can try the workaround @natabeartv posted above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 84 (7,890 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue - any update on it? I took my two female cats right after they aged up, and I've taken male pets, and the same thing happens.

Message 27 of 84 (7,851 Views)

Can't get pet fixed at Vet Clinic

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take an unspayed/neutered animal to the vet and try to get them spayed/neutered.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you take an unneutered animal to the vet and sign it up for a spay, when it goes in the surgery machine, it comes out immediately and never gets neutered.
What do you expect to see? The interaction completing and my animal getting fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tested this without mods too just to be sure, but basically, if you take your unfixed pet to a vet clinic to get it fixed, the pet goes into the machine, then out immediately and the scenario ends, without the pet being fixed or having the cone or even being charged money. So far I haven't tried it with a cat, or unfixing a fixed pet, or an animal that needs the surgery machine for another illness, but neutering your pet on your home lot with a high enough vet skill DOES work, as does taking a pet to the vet clinic for something that needs the exam table. I'll be testing out those other situations too, and report back here. 

I want to say it probably started happening after the Get Famous patch but I'm not 100% sure. 

Message 28 of 84 (7,843 Views)

★★★ Novice

The only way I have been able to "fix" this is by using cheats to get enough funds to "buy a business". I then built a little shack and put in a surgery machine. I was able to spay/neuter after that. It was the ONLY way I could stop getting litter after litter (with still no notification of pregnancy).

Message 29 of 84 (7,838 Views)

Re: Can't get pet fixed at Vet Clinic

Hero

Hi @CCuteCCabaret

merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Please click me too on the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 84 (7,820 Views)