Why can’t I spay my dog?

by dbernard1029

Original Post

Re: Spay Issue - Sims 4

★ Guide

You can change it in cas.fulleditmode too. If they are in heat already they will remain in heat until it ends but it does register them as fixed at the vet and in general. This is a much easier solution than buying a business. I had to do this and I think it has worked. Will update when I test more though.

Message 31 of 84 (4,540 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I also have this bug. I tried to let a NPC family buy the clinic as a workaround but that didn't help.

Message 32 of 84 (4,499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem but I also went out and bought a whole clinic and it still does not work. I have yet to try making my sim a level 10 vet and doing it at home.

Really frustrating as I also have the get famuos make up and hair bug/glitch. 

Message 33 of 84 (4,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I have come across the same issue today. I think 3-4 weeks ago, it still worked, because I had a male cat spayed just recently. But now I can't spay my female nor male cat, because both the expensive and cheap machines spits them right out within 4-5 seconds. I repeated it several times, but nothing. And yes, also tried without any mods and new save file. Will try the "workaround" and buy a vet clinic for my Sims now. Also will have to cheat the vet skills for him, since he is not a vet. Will post if it works or not.

ETA: I didn't buy a whole clinic, I just created another room in the basement  for my Sim with the machine, cheated the vet skills, teleported both in the room and started spaying my cat, and now it worked. I still hope that EA will fix this bug.

Message 34 of 84 (4,400 Views)

Why can’t I spay my dog?

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dog
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the vet and try to spay your dog
What happens when the bug occurs? I have an adult dog and I take her to the vet to spay her. The option loads every time I go. The vet takes her back and she goes into the surgery machine, but comes right back out and the red light on the machine comes on. No message comes up as to why she wasn’t spayed.
What do you expect to see? My dog should be spayed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have an adult dog who I have taken to the vet several times to try and spay. The vet comes out and takes the dog back, she goes into the surgery machine and immediately comes back out. A red light comes on the surgery machine and I’m not charged any money. I have tried over 10 times, both when she was in heat and was not. I never get any error message or notification saying why she wasn’t spayed. I can’t figure out why it won’t spay her but keeps giving me the option. 

Message 35 of 84 (4,384 Views)

Re: Why can’t I spay my dog?

Hero

Hi @dbernard1029

merged your post with exiting thread on the issue

Please click me too on the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 84 (4,357 Views)

Why won't the vet perform surgery to spay/neuter?

★ Apprentice

I've been trying over and over again to get my pet spayed/neutered, but every time I go to the vet and select it as an option, the vet takes my pet into the room, they go in the machine, but they only stay there for a few seconds before they come out completely unchanged. I know this for certain because I'm pretty sure they're supposed to wear a cone when they come out from being neutered and when I go back to the podium, the option to get them neutered is still available. Can someone please help me or explain what I need to do to fix this issue? Thanks.

Message 37 of 84 (4,308 Views)

Re: Why won't the vet perform surgery to spay/neuter?

Hero

Hi @Wimsiee

it's a bug. All you can do is have your own vet and use that to spray the animals. That should work.

I've merged your post with existing report on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 84 (4,292 Views)

Spaying dogs doesn't work.

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamor, Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a female dog who is in heat (howling with hearts coming out of mouth), bring dog to vet to be spayed, go through spay process, observe that the dog is still in heat and you still have the option at the vet to get her spayed, as if you had never gone through the spay process.
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog is not successfully spayed. The vet takes the dog into the room and puts it through the machine, but the status of the dog doesn't change. The sim is not charged for the spay, you still have the option to spay the dog, and the dog is still in heat.
What do you expect to see? I expect for the dog to be spayed - no more howling with hearts, and I expect the podium at the vet clinic to no longer give me the option to spay that dog.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not able to spay female dogs. My female dog is in heat, so I took her to the vet. It went through the spaying process, putting the dog through the vet's machine, but the dog wasn't spayed. The sim was not charged for the spay, I still have the option to spay the dog, and the dog is still in heat.

Message 39 of 84 (4,182 Views)

Re: Spaying dogs doesn't work.

Hero

Hi @trekkiebeth 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 84 (4,165 Views)