Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Unable to perform vet surgery/ spay & unspay

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats And Dogs Get to Work City Living Get together Parenthood Vampires Dine Out Spa Day Outdoor Retreat Laundry Day Stuff Backyard Stuff Kids Room Stuff Cool Kitchen Stuff Perfect Patio Stuff Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move animal to surgery station and try perform a surgery.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm unable to perform surgery on any pet that comes into my sims veterinary clinic. I am able to move the cat or dog to the surgery station but then I get no option to perform any surgeries and the screen that my sim looks at stays black. The only option I get is to cone of shame the poor animal
What do you expect to see? The ability to perform surgeries on the animals in the surgery station.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So far I've tried the following:

• Levelled up my Sim to Vet lvl 10. 
  • Bought a pre-made clinic. 
  • Made a custom clinic. 
  • Made a new family and levelled up the new sim to vet lvl 10. 
  • Repaired the game in Origin. 
  • Reinstalled the Sims 4.

Any help would be awesome thanks

Message 1 of 84 (9,044 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [CD] Unable to perform vet surgery/ spay & unspay

Hero
As I've seen several reports of the original issue being fixed, I'm marking this as fixed and close it.

There seems however still issue.

Please use this thread if you have them: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Spaying-in-progress-froze/td-p/8052900

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 84 of 84 (5,222 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Unable to perform vet surgery

Hero
Nudge above the bookmark

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 84 (8,872 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @motivatedhobo

We are having trouble trying to reproduce your issue.

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 84 (8,855 Views)

Hero
Tagging @motivatedhobo for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 84 (8,811 Views)

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 84 (8,790 Views)

Re: Unable to perform vet surgery

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue, how did you fix this problem?

Message 6 of 84 (8,750 Views)

Hero

@letskipxo wrote:

I am having the same issue, how did you fix this problem?

Would you be willing to share your save with QA as asked above by @SimGuruIcarus

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 84 (8,742 Views)

★ Novice

Im having the same problem but on pc. Ive used mods but have disabled them to see if it would fix the issue. Id be willing to share my save file but i dont know which one is the right one? is it the highest number? like say 16 as opposed to 5?

Message 8 of 84 (8,712 Views)

Hero

Hi @ravensantrus

you can find instructions on how to find the correct file here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/4568799#M69068 towards the bottom of the post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 84 (8,695 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem here is my save file. I am playing on PC not a Mac.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ijvb62x22ust71/RavenSantrus.zip?dl=0

Message 10 of 84 (8,685 Views)