Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] The adoption agency doesn't do their job

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Vampires, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug only happens in one of my households but you just adopt a dog.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the bug occurs the adoption agency guy doesn't do his job and just stands outside my door. The dogs I chose doesn't appear either and when I restart my game they appear and then they leave after a few seconds
What do you expect to see? The adoption agency guy doing his job and the dogs not leaving as soon as they arrive.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here's a link to my save file if it'll help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qs3FNmt8PcY9tkJQPm06-_YBx-RjIMtw/view?usp=sharing

Message 5 of 28 (22,024 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [CD] The adoption agency doesn't do their job

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue with the Pet Adoption Agency, where they would occasionally show up at a Sim’s home without any pets to adopt, and would simply stand at the home’s front door and not do anything.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

EDIT: If you still have this issue, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Putting-Pets-up-for-adoption-event-getting-stuck/m...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 28 (23,321 Views)

All Replies

Pet adoption process not working

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs are owned.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to adopt a pet (cat or dog) through the phone or computer.
What happens when the bug occurs? Use phone/computer to adopt a pet, adoption agent arrives knocks on the door and then just stands outside and never comes in with the animal carrier or pets and gets stuck on the doorstep. Even after "End Adoption Evaluation" social is used, the agent still stays at the front door.
What do you expect to see? After using the phone or computer the adoption agent turns up, comes into the house the animal carrier appears, along with the pets for your sims to adopt, the adoption takes place and then the agent leaves.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Never had an issue with adopting until yesterday. Tried the process in a completely new game and had the same issue.
Message 1 of 28 (22,040 Views)

Re: Pet adoption process not working

Hero

Hi @SarFraFre

is your game all updated ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 28 (22,026 Views)

★ Novice
Yes @crinrict - everything is up to date.
Message 3 of 28 (21,992 Views)

Hero

Is your game still in this state and can you save (under a new name) ? If so, would you be willing to share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 28 (21,985 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] The adoption agency doesn't do their job

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 28 (21,906 Views)

Adoption agent won't leave

★ Novice

I seem to be one of the only people with this problem. I wanted my sims to have a puppy, so I tried to adopt one. When the agent came, he didn't bring the puppy, and every time I try to "End Adoption Evaluation", he just stands there. He has been in our house for multiple days, and I don't know how to fix it.

I don't want to start over, I'm on generation 3, but it seems that currently is the only fix.

Message 7 of 28 (21,859 Views)

Re: Adoption agent won't leave

Hero

@TheHappy0neMC

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 28 (21,853 Views)

adoption agent - he won't leave/do his job

★★★★★ Apprentice

I was wondering if anyone could help me? I am trying to adopt some pets, but the adoption agent will not leave/ does not have my pets/has no carriers

Message 9 of 28 (21,506 Views)

Re: adoption agent - he won't leave/do his job

Hero
Hi @kingpeterking

I merged your post with existing bug report.

Is your Sim living in an apartment or house ? Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 28 (21,482 Views)