by Birdfoox

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES/HOUSES] [CD] Ceiling light blocks routing

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim says they can't walk over there because something is blocking the way even though nothing is there.
What do you expect to see? For them to walk.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict:Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 23 (3,063 Views)

Re: Sims won't walk to a specific area

Hero
Do you have any lamps or pot racks that might be blocking ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (2,998 Views)

★ Novice

There is nothing there except counters and a bin that could be in the way but my sim can walk through the gap. My sim can't use the oven because something is blocking his way although there is nothing there.

Message 3 of 23 (2,979 Views)

Hero
Could you upload your build to the gallery ?

I can test it tomorrow.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (2,976 Views)

★ Novice

I have uploaded it to my gallery just now, it's called 'The land'. Don't ask why I just couldn't think of anything else lol. Picture of it is linked so you get the right one.

Message 5 of 23 (2,953 Views)

Hero

I think it's these ceiling lamps.

If you set the wall height to middle, it works, if it's to low as currently, the Sim seems to avoid the area underneat.

Lamps.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 23 (2,945 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The ceiling light is called Suspended Runway.  Adding to our list.

Message 7 of 23 (2,861 Views)

Sims Won't Stack Dishes From Table.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville Stuff Packs: Luxury Party, Cool Kitchen, Kids Room, Back Yard, Fitness Freebies: Ghoulish Guitar, Holiday Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put down a table with 6 chairs. Have sims eat a meal. When they finish, direct a sim to "Clean Up." He will only take the one dish to the sink. However, if you drag all of the plates to the floor, he will stack them up as he should. The maid will also not clean dishes off the table at all.
What happens when the bug occurs? Only one dish gets clean (the one directed to clean). The maid does not clean up.
What do you expect to see? I expect the made to do his job and clean up all of the dishes. I expect the sims to clean up without being asked. And when they are asked, I expect them to clean up all the dishes, not just the one they have been directed to clean.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Any idea why the sims will clean dishes off the floor, but not off the table?  They will clean the one dish I ask them to clean, but no other dishes.  I tried hiring a maid but s/he will l not clean dishes off the table, either.  I have tried different tables, removing chairs, and nothing changes.

Message 8 of 23 (2,880 Views)

Re: Sims Won't Stack Dishes From Table.

★★★★ Expert
@UOJaney Remove the ceiling lamp from over the dining table.
Message 9 of 23 (2,866 Views)

Re: Sims Won't Stack Dishes From Table.

★ Apprentice

Thank you. Is this a known issue with all ceiling lights or just the one I have chosen?

Message 10 of 23 (2,847 Views)