Re: Sims Won't Stack Dishes From Table.

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@UOJaneyIt's a known issue as far as I'm concerned.

It's happened for me many times with different tables, different lots, different lights, etc. Not sure what the light being over the table has to do with collecting dishes, but moving the light works.

I've since just always made sure to not put lights directly over the table. There are usually a lot of other ways to light the room. Move the light to another location, use wall lamps, floor lamps, etc.

Message 11 of 23 (1,019 Views)

★ Apprentice

Bummer, for aesthetics... but at least there is a solution.  Thank you Psychotps!

Message 12 of 23 (1,009 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@UOJaney I know what you mean. It just seems natural to put a ceiling lamp over the dining room table. Putting it... askew... tweaks the OCD in me.
Message 13 of 23 (1,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@UOJaney Which ones did you use ? There are a few that are known to cause all kinds of routing failures.

What size are your walls ? That can also play a role.

This one for example is known for routing issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Suspended-Runway-ceiling-light-blocks-routing/td-p/759...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 23 (917 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes!  That is exactly the light fixture I used.  I deleted it, and it works fine now.  They are stacking away.

Message 15 of 23 (875 Views)

Hero
@UOJaney I merged your post then.
THanks for answering.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 23 (848 Views)

Sims unable to move on anything below max wall height or use objects. (20.5.21)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All barring the kit packs, my first pet stuff, journey to batuu and paranormal stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? placing the small round ceiling lights or most lights.
What happens when the bug occurs? when the lights are there the wall have to be maximum height or the sim will just be stuck and will not move anywhere, for example if there is a light placed infront of where a refrigerator is they cant access the refridgerator or even beds and so forth.
What do you expect to see? ability to move around freely and use all items placed that are functional.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It seems to be a glitch with the lighting that for some reason it has to be the highest wall height or the sims just get stuck because of the lights Its strange but sorry if this is a repost ive never done this before.

Message 17 of 23 (928 Views)

Re: Sims unable to move on anything below max wall height or use objects. (20.5.

Champion

@Nierolim Hi!  That is a weird glitch! I don't recall seeing that before.  Now that you have removed your mods, please exit your game and bring up your PC's file explorer, then go to the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder.  Delete the localthumbcache.package file located in that folder.  It is safe to delete this file as a new one will be generated when you open the game again.  This cache file may retain effects from mods.  Launch the game and see if the problem is still there.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 18 of 23 (890 Views)

Re: Sims unable to move on anything below max wall height or use objects. (20.5.

Hero
@Nierolim Does this happen in every house you play ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 23 (838 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I removed all mods and yes I removed the file still has an issue , it does happen every house I play its getting quite annoying lol sorry it took me a while to get back into my account. 

The ink mods I use is the extreme violence and  a few make up and clothing mods. 

Any further support would be appreciated.

Message 20 of 23 (820 Views)