by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CD] Stray pets are not labeled as strays when invited to lot

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, GT, CL, CD, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Meet/befriend a stray pet you meet in the world. Later, when they're gone, click on them in the friendship panel and choose "Invite over to current lot". Wait until the pet arrives.
What happens when the bug occurs? The pet is no longer marked as "stray", which means that interactions like adopt are gone. The pet is still a stray if you meet them later in the world, so they did not get adopted.
What do you expect to see? I expect a pet that is a stray is still a stray whether I meet them in the world or invite them. (Yes it's weird that I can invite a stray pet but maybe I sent my own pets to get him/her?)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't know if the fix should be that we just can't invite stray pets over, or that the label is made more permanent, but like this it's a bit weird Cat Dog Heart

(I saw this on youtube and read in several comments that this happened to a lot of people so I searched for it here, didn't find any report, tried it in my own game and it was the same, so I posted this. Which means that I've seen it in two games and there are reports of at least 10 ppl in the comments, so I guess i really is a bug)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title.

Message 1 of 10 (9,835 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CD] Stray pets are not labled as strays when invited to lot

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue as well as most of the YouTube Simmers I follow, so I hope it's fixed soon

Message 2 of 10 (9,720 Views)

Hero

While I find it pretty odd that you can call a stray in the first place, I've added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (9,649 Views)

★ Pro

You may want me to do a separate report, @crinrict , but since this is another case of strays not being labeled as strays, I thought I'd start here first.  If you want a separate thread, I'll be happy to create one.

I have a sim with the Friend of the Animals trait so I sent her to the Pupperstone Park in BB to meet animals.  While in the park, multiple dogs appeared but none of them were labeled as strays.  I had her interact with several of them but since I had also wanted her to adopt a stray dog, I left the park and took her to Deadgrass Isle.

Lo and behold, one of the dogs she had met in the park showed up on the island marked as a stray.  It was pretty easy to get the adopt option because of the prior interaction she had with the dog at the park.  Because that was the only dog to show up on the island, I don't know if any of the others that had been in the park were also strays that weren't labeled as such, or not.

I would think it is a bug for strays not to be labeled as such at all times and at all locations, rather than a "by design" issue.  I shouldn't have had to travel to another location to meet the same dog the sim was already on the way to befriending while not knowing it was a stray.  No adopt option appeared at the park but I'm unsure as to whether or not I had the sim interact long enough with the dog for the option to appear.

Message 4 of 10 (9,626 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Stray pets are not labeled as strays when invited to lot

★ Novice

If you add the lot trait “dog hangout” to your Sims house, the stray dogs will appear. The adoption option will be available if you are good friends.

Message 5 of 10 (7,500 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I would like to confirm that this awful bug is still not fixed after 3 (4?) years.

Message 6 of 10 (6,925 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Still not fixed, I really want this stray but she only shows up as a stray every once in a while, only when I can't get to her

Message 7 of 10 (6,280 Views)

Champion

I'm not sure if it's specifically the invite action? It seems like next time I meet a stray I've been befriending, they're never a stray anymore. I need to befriend and adopt in one go, or I miss out... though sometimes the third or fourth time I meet them they're a stray again. I'm just not that patient and usually have picked a different pet by then. But even if it's just going back to the same park I met them in originally, and waiting for them to show up, they'll no longer be a stray at the second meeting. I assumed townies were adopting them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 8 of 10 (6,271 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's still an issue. Just posting to get some attention back to this bug.

Message 9 of 10 (785 Views)

EA Sims Team
@TerahWatson

Hello!

If you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions for sharing files with us are here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 10 of 10 (700 Views)