Bugged out dogs ever since september patch. COMPLETELY GAME-BREAKING.

by RyuzakiChild

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Stencils for pets are broken

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All aside from toddler stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by opening the pet custom coat painter thing.
What happens when the bug occurs? The custom overlays in the coat paint section are all bugged out and they also make my game crash after a few seconds.
What do you expect to see? See above. It is a repeat of what I JUST SAID.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.66.139.1020 started this bug.

a bugged out coat.

this is the problem.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 19 (2,411 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: MAC user Cats & Dogs create a pet stencil not working at all ... nothing

Hero

Stencils in Create a Sim (Pet) now consistently paint your furry friends without crashing.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (2,390 Views)

All Replies

Re: Dogs bugged out after september update.

★★★ Novice

Please can someone replay?!?!?! this is literally game-breaking for me as I make custom coats every time i play!!!

Message 2 of 19 (2,360 Views)

Re: Dogs bugged out after september update.

Hero
@RyuzakiChild reports in the bug forum don't necessarily get a reply.

Please refer to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/7368632/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 19 (2,139 Views)
Highlighted

Bugged out dogs ever since september patch. COMPLETELY GAME-BREAKING.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having a huge issue with the game ever since the september patch. When I try to customize dogs (using the painting thing) this happens. Specifically when I use these little stencil things shown below. It also crashes the game not long after. I tried repairing the game and I don't use any custom content or mods. Please help.

(Merged with original thread)

Message 4 of 19 (2,076 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Stencils for dogs are broken

★★★ Novice

SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 19 (1,941 Views)

★★★ Novice

FIX. THIS. NOW.

Message 6 of 19 (1,884 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @RyuzakiChild,

Unfortunately, bugs don't work like that. Investigating them and patching for them takes time and that time will differ from bug to bug. Further, when a bugs been successfully patched the Sims team will announce this in their Patch notes.

So what this means is there is no time frame anyone can offer you for bug issues and when we communicate fixes for them, it will usually be through the community patch notes (unless there's more information we need to gather in the thread to investigate.).

Please keep this in mind for again.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 7 of 19 (1,879 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna So I just get to sit around with an unplayable game until y'all decide it's worth fixing? Ridiculous.
Message 8 of 19 (1,868 Views)

Cat & Dogs Paint Error

★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs: Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get to Work, Get Together Game packs: Outdoor Retreat and Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the paint selection when customizing your dog, click stencil and select a pattern, try to color in or fill the pattern.
What happens when the bug occurs? Color selected for the pattern goes on, but not in the pattern. If you turn off Stencil Preview and then try to fill the pattern, the game crashes. Update: Now just trying to fill the pattern causes the game to crash.
What do you expect to see? The stencil pattern to apply correctly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

None at this time.

Message 9 of 19 (1,831 Views)

Sims 4 Pets - Stencil Bug & Crash

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco Lifestyle and Tiny Living Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter CAS / New Household, add cat or dog, enter Paint Mode, apply a stencil, paint.
What happens when the bug occurs? See picture added. The game also crashes if you paint for too long.
What do you expect to see? For painting to apply to the stencils, and for the game to not crash.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot below.

Message 10 of 19 (1,794 Views)