[FIXED] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

by BlazeBard

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture adopted Pets for Misbehavior

★★ Novice
How do you manage to save a household with just the pet? I already tried the trick you described but I only manage to save the whole household.
Thank you in advance.
Message 31 of 222 (3,261 Views)

★★ Novice
Basically, the same thing happened to me. Got the terrain update and wasn't able to lecture my pets anymore. Doesn't matter how I got my pet it wont work.
Message 32 of 222 (3,243 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture adopted Pets for Misbehavior

★★★★★ Newbie

Me too...since Get Famous I have not been able to train misbehaviors from my pets...the options just don't exist so they create constant chaos now.

Message 33 of 222 (3,205 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I bought just the cats and dogs pack a couple days ago (I already have the: cool kitchen stuff, get to work, vampires, spooky stuff, and holiday celebration packs) and made a character + cat in CAS and then tried playing the game and only had the "scold" option, not the "lecture for x" option, I adopted a pet from the streets and one from the computer and neither of them had the option either, I tried a "repair game" option a different thread suggested doing and it didn't work, I completely uninstalled the game on my PC and am currently reinstalling it to see if that fixes it but I still can't find any real workaround or fix from other threads talking about it and I have no mods as I don't even know how to do that.

Message 34 of 222 (3,182 Views)

★ Novice

Update: still no "lecture" option when the cat jumped on the counter after having deleted all my save files, uninstalled the game, restarted computer and re-installed the game + packs

Message 35 of 222 (3,169 Views)

Hero
As there are so many reports on this, I don't think any troubleshooting will help.

It's a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 222 (3,152 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I don't know if its related to this bug but I've had this exact same thing, can't lecture my cats, but only in one house and I used the manage households screen to move these cats in from another house (you know how it goes, cat has kittens, kittens need new homes, farm them out to other families) but not having any issues with other cats, and this has been this way since cats and dogs came out (was very early on)
Message 37 of 222 (3,143 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same. On windows. Some people in the household can lecture and some can't. Doesn't matter if I adopt through the computer or adopt a stray. 

Message 38 of 222 (3,131 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture Pets for Misbehavior

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Someone else mentioned this and I forgot to mention it when I posted - there is no 'become companions" option anymore with the cat my sim adopted either.

Message 39 of 222 (3,129 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture Pets for Misbehavior

Hero
I've adjusted the title a bit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 222 (3,120 Views)