[FIXED] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

by BlazeBard

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture Pets for Misbehavior

★★★ Newbie

Yes! You can't become companions or lecture!

Message 121 of 222 (970 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem for me.  I created a household with a young adult and a dog.  She could lecture and become companions with the dog.

She adopted a cat and could not lecture him or become companions.

I added another young adult to the household via the "ask to move in" interaction.  He is able to lecture the cat.  I haven't gotten his relationship high enough to know whether he can become companions with the cat or the dog, and the dog hasn't misbehaved since he moved in, so I don't know if he can lecture the dog.

Interestingly, when the dog died, the woman (original sim) got the "Bark No More (From Witnessing Death of Friend" moodlet (sad +5, 24 hrs), while the man (moved into household) got the "Mourning (From Witnessing Death of Loved One)" moodlet (sad +5, 2 days).  The woman was companions with the dog and had maxed out their relationship, while the man was friends with the dog (relationship about halfway).

In summary:

ORIG SIM

Dog (orig): lecture [YES], companions [YES]

Cat (adopted): lecture [NO], companions [NO]

MOVED-IN SIM

Dog (orig): lecture [UNKNOWN], companions [UNKNOWN]

Cat (adopted): lecture [YES], companions [UNKNOWN]

Message 122 of 222 (909 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

★ Novice
  1. Same here. It is so frustrating! I adopted a stray cat and I can’t lecture it etc. I don’t see any solution to this so far, I really hope it is fixed soon. 
Message 123 of 222 (865 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having this problem. Like another user said, the sim that adopted the animal is unable to lecture out misbehaviors AND can not become companions with the animal. I hope this is fixed soon because it's breaking up gameplay for me. I love picking out an animal from the menu and adopting strays. 

Message 124 of 222 (831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having an issue with adopted and stray pets.  There is no option to become a companion and no option to lecture for bad behavior.  Is this an issue that is being worked on since I see the original post is a few months old?

Message 125 of 222 (789 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the very same problem and it is very frustrating... The dog in my household is adopted. I will try if it works with dogs I create in CAS.

Message 126 of 222 (735 Views)

★★ Novice

Had the same problem but don't have Get Famous. For me, it's not even giving me the option to lecture or Be Nice To... or Encourage To Mate With...

Message 127 of 222 (726 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah so did I.

Message 128 of 222 (687 Views)

★★ Novice

Had the same issue but I don't have Get Famous. I recently just got Cats and Dogs and there's just no option to lecture or become a companion. I also can't have them mate or even be nice to each other. Stray or CAS cat/dog, boy or girl, there's just no option to do so. 

Message 129 of 222 (700 Views)

★★★ Novice

It is insane it's been months and this hasn't been fixed. My main focus has been a single sim household with the animal aspiration, which I can find no workarounds to get to work. Her cat is out of control, she can't train him, nor can she become companions with him.

An entire aspiration is essentially broken and my current save file is pointless. Beyond frustrating. EA, please fix this!!!

Message 130 of 222 (691 Views)