Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

by midnightmadchen

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture adopted Pets for Misbehavior

★★ Novice
Lot of work but thank you for the information on this. Its just a workaround and I hope it get fixed soon but if it works...it will be helpfull for the time it doesnt work...and with just monthly patches...I'm afraid we cant see a fix anytime soon Frown? Hope I'm wrong!
Message 81 of 222 (2,325 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I was having this issue too- and bothering me much more, was that I also didn't have the option to encourage the pets to mate. All of my cats were adopted strays. I checked all of the things I saw suggested online (e.g., make sure they're truly opposite gender; try repairing game from Origin). None of that helped me, but I managed to fix the issues by giving all the cats a last name in CAS, then using the cheat "resetsim Firstname Lastname" on each cat. After doing that, one of my human sims had the interactions available but another didn't, so I did "resetsim Firstname Lastname" for the sim who still couldn't do the interactions, and then they were able to. And now I have my first kitten!

Message 82 of 222 (2,224 Views)

Re: Scolding/lecture bug

★ Novice

I’m having a similar issue except the original owner can’t scold the pet. The original owner adopted the dog, and then moved in another sim who can now lecture the dog but my original sim still can’t. And my original sim has the animal aspiration so she can’t complete her aspiration. 

Message 83 of 222 (2,197 Views)

Hero

@daiisydukess

moved your post over to the thread for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 222 (2,191 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks, how do I find that thread?

Message 85 of 222 (2,177 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I basically cloned the animal using CAS and a saved version in the library. Unfortunately, I didn't have the heart to delete the original so I changed names and decorated it a bit differently and worked it into the storyline where the new "adopted" dog would go with the original sim after he got married and the "old" would stay with the rest of the family. Convoluted, but it worked. I wouldn't want to do such for every pet though. Hope the gurus can find a better fix!
Message 86 of 222 (2,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just ran into this bug yesterday and today, and read through every single post on this thread!

The workaround does work. You go to CAS, and save your family into your library first, just in case. Then I deleted the sim from the family, until it was just the two dogs. Then I exited out of CAS and in my game, my sim and 2 dogs were still there. Went back into CAS, and deleted both dogs. Then back into game play mode, and added the family of 2 dogs into my original sim household. Now all the options are there as well as "encourage to breed with" and "play." However, the relationship does go back down and I assume you have to build it up again to become a companion.

Message 87 of 222 (2,137 Views)

Friend of The Animals cannot complete aspiration

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City living, Glamou stuff, holiday celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to lecture pet or become companions and the options willl not be there regardless of the relationship guage.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option is just not there.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the option automatically regardless of work around or saves. I want my sim to become a companion to pets and lecture pets.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims do not have the option of lecturing out bad behavior or becoming companions with pets. 

Message 88 of 222 (2,093 Views)

Re: Friend of The Animals cannot complete aspiration

Hero

Hi @theavidpatient

merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Please press me to on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 89 of 222 (2,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except My First Pet Stuff 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
1. Have a cat, dog, kitten or puppy in your Sim household. Once a pet does something thats categorized as a misbehavior such as liking puddles etc. search for the lecture option (it wont show up) ,
2. You also wont see the option to encourage your pets to mate when you go to friendly interactions when trying to mate two adult dogs/cats that arent fixed/spayed

What happens when the bug occurs? 
1. The option to lecture the pet about the misbehavior does not show up, resulting in Sims being unable to train out their pets' misbehavior
2. And the option to encourage pets to mate doesnt show up either therefore cant mate the dogs/cats to have puppies/kittens 

What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to lecture their cats, dogs, puppies and kittens about misbehavior in order to correct those unwanted behaviors aswell as be able to make adult dogs,cats be able to mate via the encourage to mate option in the friendly interaction
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Nope
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Honestly not sure but I think so as this is something very recent
Please describe the patch or change you made. None

Honestly I got so frustrated that i deleted all my saved games,cache and uninstalled sims 4 entirely and the issue still consists.

Edit: Any puppies born to dogs you add from CAS when you first create a family work perfectly fine even if the second parent is one the glitched dogs/cats.
also I know this was mentioned that when people move into the house via move in cant lecture pets however I want to add to that and say that any dog/cat added from the gallery or CAS after they were added to the house work perfectly fine with them

Message 90 of 222 (2,045 Views)