Re: [OPEN] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture/become companion for adopted Pets

by JustKeepSimming7

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Yes! I've got this glitch in my latest vanilla save (after the latest Nov. patch). One of my sims adopted a dog through the computer and can do most of the interactions except for the lecturing/training out behaviors or becoming companions. Other members in this same household can do so, though. It's a bit frustrating, to say the least.

Message 41 of 222 (1,975 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

In my game, it happens selectively with some fets. I noticed that if they've got the "Friendly" trait, the option tends to be there. However, if they don't, most of the time the option disappears. Also, the lecturing interactions tend to get cancelled.

Message 42 of 222 (1,967 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [CD] Sims Can't Lecture Pets for Misbehavior

★★★★★ Apprentice

Me too. I also noticed that the children can lecture the animals, but the adults cannot. 

Message 43 of 222 (1,952 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don’t know if anyone has found a fix, but I’m having the same problem. I adopted through the computer and a stray and I can’t become companions with them nor can I lecture them and my girls aspiration is: friend of the animals. I did however notice my other sim can lecture and become companions that doesn’t have the same aspiration. So maybe it’s just that aspiration?

Message 44 of 222 (1,912 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I don't think it's the aspiration but perhaps is tied to the person adopting. The sim (who has the fishing aspiration) that adopted the dog (through the computer service) has this bug, but the others can fully interact. And the adopted dog has the traits "friendly, playful and vocal".
~shrugs~
Message 45 of 222 (1,905 Views)

EA Staff

Hi there!

Would anyone be willing to send us your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thanks!

Message 46 of 222 (1,873 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Has also only occurred for me after the get famous patch. Everything was working fine until I adopted a new pet after the patch installation.

The only way around it seems to be to start a new save however I really don't want to do this as I will lose all relationships Frown

Also cannot seem to check into a venue anymore on social media????

Message 47 of 222 (1,835 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m having this problem too! 

When im at home later I will see if I can share my saves. 

Message 48 of 222 (1,830 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Hi @SimGuruIcarus !
Here's one. The Finch family in Willow Creek
This is also the save I had trouble doing the tutorial (another house, same world. And, other glitches I've recently mentioned. Have fun. :D

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MhSBUE9Z1dYajptLgCvjmYoN4GSHtd7V
Message 49 of 222 (1,808 Views)

★★★ Novice

I hope I'm doing this correctly. This is my current family. They live in Del Sol Valley with two adopted cats. Cats cannot be lectured when they're misbehaving.

Thank you!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xegh9Ys62MRq9MZ93Y_nfczQMDX91sfZ

Message 50 of 222 (1,790 Views)