Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [CD] Sim throws away pet bowl in inventory

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to the marketplace in Jungle Adventure and buy one or more pet bowls
What happens when the bug occurs? Leave the Sim to its own devices for little while it will then throw the pet bowls in the thrash
What do you expect to see? That a Sim keeps the purchased pet bowls
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Jungle adventure

Workaround. Immediately after purchasing pet bowls return to your accommodation and place the bowls.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 1 of 18 (4,101 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [JA] [CD] Sim throws away pet bowl bought at market

Hero
Does this only happen with the ones you buy at the market or also with any other bowls you leave in your inventory ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (4,036 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Sorry, I have not tested that. When I go on vacation again I will test. I may not have time tomorrow though.

Only found out because I went on holiday with my pets and discovered the house did not have any Pet accessories so when buying Exploration gear I bought these as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 18 (4,017 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I did some additional testing. It turns out that if you buy pet bowls at home and place them in your sims inventory then they are also thrown out. This leads me to believe that this is in fact an old bug that just surfaced now since before JA there was no reason to put them in the inventory. To see if it was there before it must be tested with a game that does not have the JA Game Pack.

Message 4 of 18 (3,984 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [JA] [CD] Sim throws away pet bowl in inventory

Hero
Does it happen with any Sims or does your Sim have the neat trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 18 (3,966 Views)

Champion (Retired)
It happens with both my male and female sim. Neither sim has the neat trait. Both are cat lovers.
Message 6 of 18 (3,953 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 18 (3,949 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Did some additional testing with a vanilla new savegame. Single Sim same results.

Message 8 of 18 (3,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've seen a 'clean out spoiled food' menu option come up on a sim who has a pet food bowl in inventory.  This was before the jungle adventure patch.  The screen shots show same sim with and without pet bowl.

Mods disabled for this save file.

Message 9 of 18 (3,871 Views)

Hero
It seems the pet bowls are treated like dishes with food even when they're empty.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (3,865 Views)