Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Robot Vacuum not removing messes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything besides Moschino and Toddler Stuffs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using a robot vacuum to clean messes, either through manual starting of its cleaning routine, or automatically through the dock.
What happens when the bug occurs? Robot Vacuum will travel to a mess, but will not be able to pick it up.
What do you expect to see? Robot Vacuum seeks out, cleans mess, and removes it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update to current version, purchase of Discover University. Update of existing mods.

Issue has occurred after my blackout period waiting for mods to update from before the pre-Discover University Patch (approximately a week before that patch, to 11/29). My version at that point was current. At that version, Robot Vacuums operated as anticipated.

Due to another minor bug, I have downloaded a mod in the past called Smarter Robot Vacuums, which worked well and brought them to good efficiency at the pre-DU patch.

After patching my game to the indicated version, and installing Discover University the Vacuums have broken functionality.

With the mod, the vacuum seeks out the mess (I have tested both puddles -with appropriate upgrade, and garbage piles), arrives on the spot, pauses, then moves on without removing the mess.

At first, I suspected the mod at fault, so I removed it. This changed the symptoms, but not the result. The robot seeks the mess, arrives on the spot, plays the animation to clean the mess, then moves on without the mess being removed.

I suspected another mod may be at fault, and took time removing individual mods, then removed my entire mods folder, each result being the same as the having removed just the smarter vacuums mod.

This issue happened on a brand new save file for the current patch level.

(Removed mod link) - Atic

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 23 (4,425 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Robot Vacuum not removing messes

Hero

We did some maintenance on all Robot Vacuums so now they will actually clean up messes instead of just roaming around your Lot. Especially those created by Children and Toddlers - Big Yikes! Glad that warranty was still in place though.

Fixed in Patch 1.7186/ 1.38

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 23 (3,487 Views)

All Replies

Re: Robot Vacuum incldued with Pets not removing messes

★★★★ Novice

I did not want to put this into the main bulk of the bug report, mainly because this is pure conjecture on my part. I wonder if the addition of the new cleaning bots in the DU expansion may have introduced a duplicate or override file in the game package that is causing this issue.

Message 2 of 23 (4,395 Views)

Hero
@turtlbrdr Are those messes kids/toddlers make or generally everything on the floor (pet hair, kids/toddler messes/Food on the floor ?)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 23 (4,385 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Nothing made by toddlers or children. Tests and discovery were conducted on two puddles created by broken plumbing, two puddles created through debug, and one pile of garbage created by filling a trash can, emptying it, and dropping the resultant bag on the floor.
Message 4 of 23 (4,379 Views)

Hero
@turtlbrdr OK. I'll do some testing when I have time later tonight. Bit of a busy day :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 23 (4,377 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Quick question? When I repair items now, there is no pile of garbage generated. I didn't think too much of it, what with the addition of the new robot parts, but is this an actual feature, or might this be another symptom that my installation might be bugged?
Message 6 of 23 (4,372 Views)

Hero
@turtlbrdr I do have piles of garbage still generating.

Did you test a new save with no mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 23 (4,354 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this problem as well. The vacuum cleans absolutely nothing. It just moves about the house and doesn't pick up anything. I have three hairy dogs and the piles of hair are driving me insane since the butlers and maids don't really clean either. I have all packs and I've updated the game to version 1.58.69.1010. Don't know if the vacuums worked before the latest patch since I haven't tried them.

Message 8 of 23 (4,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Tried several different combinations For some tests I used the Rustic Residence (RR) in Windenburg, the other one is called "Newcrest Starter" (NS) and was made by "SimsOnlineCom" on the Gallery. The Newcrest Starter is the current home in my current save.

Each of the below test are new saves, except where noted.

• RR No Mods: Broken bathroom sink, produced garbage and puddle, Robot vacuum took 3 tries to find the garbage, cleaning animation played, mess was not removed.
  • RR Full Mod Complement: Broken Toilet, produced garbage and puddle, Robot Vacuum that was upgraded was able to find and move to both garbage and puddle, no cleaning animation played, no mess removed.
  • NS No Mods: Kitchen Sink, produced puddle, no garbage. Removed island countertops, still produced no garbage. Bathroom Sink, produced puddle, did produce garbage. Vacuum cycle was started around 20 times, it did not find the garage once, even after moving both the garbage and vacuum to different spots.
  • NS Smarter Vacuum mod only: (Follow up of NS No Mods test) Vacuum found garbage two rooms away immediately, pathed to it, no cleaning animation played, no mess removed.
  • NS, New Save, Full Mod Complement: Kitchen sink produced puddle, no garbage. Removed island countertops, still produced no garbage, vacuum pathed to puddle, no cleaning animation, no mess removed. Bathroom Sink produced puddle, no garbage, vacuum pathed to puddle, no cleaning animation, no mess removed. Toilet produced puddle, produced no garbage, Vacuum pathed to puddle, no cleaning animation, no mess removed. Placed new bathroom sink in the middle of large area in the main room, produced puddle and garbage, vacuum pathed to both, no cleaning animation, no mess removed. Stove produced garbage, vacuumed pathed to it, no animation, no mess removed.
  • RR No Mods, game repaired through Origin: Vacuum cycle started 10 times, garbage was moved several times. Vacuum only succeeded in finding the garbage after upgrading with Turbo-Charge. Took so long that first puddle dried up. Vacuum eventually pathed to garbage, cleaning animation played, and mess was not removed. Vacuum upgraded additionally with waterproofing. Vacuum took the scenic route for the second puddle I created, played cleaning animation, and the puddle remained.

In relation to the garbage thing, I'll try some more testing in my main game for that later today. I feel like the area allowances for the garbage piles to spawn has changed (the amount of space around the object for it to spawn), but I may just be mis-remembering it, I would swear that I have repaired things in the past in smaller quarters and gotten garbage to spawn.

Message 9 of 23 (4,329 Views)

★★★ Guide
@EA_Aticturtlbrdr I played a household in October/early Nov that has a robot vac, it did not clean up the mess the dog or children made and I sent it to clean a few times.
Message 10 of 23 (4,294 Views)