Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Robot Vacuum not removing messes

by Stinalina

Original Post

Re: Robot Vacuum incldued with Pets not removing messes

★★★★ Novice

Small update, I did try the same setup as in my NS New Save, Full Complement test, where I placed a sink in the middle of a more open space in my main save. This did end up producing a garbage pile. So that is a non-issue; it is either my perception of there being enough space for them to spawn, or there has been a slight tweak for the space required to spawn them.

Message 11 of 23 (3,457 Views)

Hero
@turtlbrdr Is your vacuum upgraded or not ? I tested with a new one and it removed my puddles fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 23 (3,414 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Main game vacuum is mostly upgraded, with only remaining upgrades being the durability and noise reduction upgrades.

Vacuums in test, I realized I didn't manage to annotate whether or not I upgraded them directly, were upgraded when I noted that they did not pick up puddles. For some of the tests, I'll admit I didn't upgrade them when they failed to pick up the garbage generated by the repair.

Message 13 of 23 (3,406 Views)

Hero
@turtlbrdr OK. Thanks.

I'll tag this as needs input for now and add to the list as it seems you're not the only one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 23 (3,403 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Robot Vacuum not removing messes

★★★★ Apprentice

My robot vacuum never removed anything, so I dont use them anymore. Only to make a car happy, but for cleaning purposes they are useless. They dont clean anything.

No fur, no toddler messes, no nothing.

Message 15 of 23 (3,397 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just tested it with a fully upgraded vacuum. I literally put the dog hair piles in it's path, but it just went right past them. It just drives around and cleans absolutely nothing. It's really frustrating :S 

Message 16 of 23 (3,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Tested the high end robot vacuum in a copy of my regular save. New "The Sims 4" folder. No mods.

I wanted to see how it worked for my Veterinarian who has multiple dogs plus a swimming pool at home as well as a Vet Clinic. Lots of pet messes. The vacuum at the clinic is completely upgraded. 

What I saw:  The animation for cleaning plays, but the mess/puddles remain. I tried selling the home lot vacuum, replacing it with a new high end vacuum. Same outcome.

Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 12.15.32 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 12.15.58 PM.jpg

Next I tried in a new save, new TS4 folder. Bought the Pawspital in BB and added the high end robot vacuum. Same outcome. Animation plays mess/puddles remain.

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 1.36.20 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 1.37.01 PM.jpg

Adding: Prior to DU/1.59.73.1220 patch the robot vacuums worked fine.

Message 17 of 23 (3,308 Views)

★ Pro

(Patch 1.62.69.1220) 

The robot vacuum seems to work again. 

Message 18 of 23 (2,972 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Robot Vacuum not removing messes

Hero
@turtlbrdr Is this fixed for you too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 23 (2,942 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Robot Vacuum not removing messes

★★★★ Novice

I'm not actively playing the game right now, but I was able to slip into the game and test it quickly with puddles, and yes, it does seem to be fixed for me as well.

Message 20 of 23 (2,916 Views)