[NEEDS SAVES] [CD] Robot Vacuum getting stuck cleaning

by goldenrosegames

Original Post

Robot Cleaner constantly stops working.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base, cats and dogs, outdoor retreat, realm of magic, nifty knitting, and tiny living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Probably make a very tiny house, put the robot down, and tell it to do it's thing? It really seems to be a navigation problem. I've noticed it gets worse on higher speeds.
What happens when the bug occurs? It gives the unable to navigate mood thing, stops moving, stops responding, and sits there until i manually move it back to dock with build mode.
What do you expect to see? It be able to navigate back home if it get stuck like that. It's okay if it occasionally has problems, so does the maid. I just don't want to have to move it back in build mode, breaks my immersion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've never tried to use the robot cleaners before. 

I will toss my house up on my gallery. (User: Raentrieve - Me & My Cat - Tiny Home )

Message 21 of 47 (3,184 Views)

Re: Robot Cleaner constantly stops working.

★★ Guide

same happening on XBone with both available robot cleaners, in a pretty large house with enough space to move arround.

I mean...they get into a place fine but then cant get out of it....cant be turned off/return to dock either.

Message 22 of 47 (3,136 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Robot Vacuum getting stuck cleaning

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Swedish
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape GP: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure SP: Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting KITS: Bust The Dust OTHER: Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Click on a robot vacuum cleaner (from Cats & Dogs EP) and chose: Start cleaning routine
What happens when the bug occurs? The robot vaccum will start to scan the room and move but then almost instantly freeze (just after 30-60 sim minutes) and get stuck. You can click on the robot and chose an action but the robot will not move or return to the dock station.
What do you expect to see? Have the robot vacuum to do a cleaning routine
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Bust the Dust kit (But I haven't tested the robot vacuum cleaner before so maybe I had the bug before installing BDK)

I have this bug too! 

I tested: 1. To repair my game 2. On a new save file 3. With both ( 2 ) robot vacuums 4. In a house with + without rooms (No platforms!) 5. In a house with nothing on the walls and very few furniture items (2 beds + 1 fridge) 6. To put the dock +robot vacuum in the middle of the room / different spots in the room. Nothing helped. You can put the robot back to the dock station in B&B mode, but when you start the action again (start cleaning routine) the same bug will occur. 

Message 23 of 47 (3,105 Views)

Robot vacuum not cleaning dusty floors/bunnies/dust piles

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu, Paranormal, TB Kit, CK Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the "Cats&Dogs" robot vacuum in a dusty or dirty environment
What happens when the bug occurs? The robot vacuum stops moving after 10 in-game minutes. It does not clean floors, dust piles or dust bunnies.
What do you expect to see? The robot vacuum should clean properly including floors, bunnies and dust piles without getting stuck.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing the Bust the Dust Kit

The Cats&Dogs robot vacuum is not cleaning dusty floors, bunnies or dust piles in my game. It gets stuck after 10 in-game minutes. I play without mods.

Message 24 of 47 (2,648 Views)

Re: Robot vacuum not cleaning dusty floors/bunnies/dust piles

Hero

@happygirl4321 

I have used the robovacs from C&D in the last 2 households I have played and they work fine once I upgraded them.  Those have 2 parts and both need to be upgraded.  You set them on auto and to run every 6 hours.  You can set them to run every 3, 6, 12 or 24 hours but I have found that 6 works best for the 2 houses I have used them in.

I found that they will not get the dust, dust piles or dust bunnies.  You have to do that with the larger BTD vacuums.  But what the robovacs do is keep the dust from building up.  You have to start with a clean floor. 

So upgrade the robovacs, clean the floor then put them on each floor including any inaccessible levels, adjust the settings and off you go.  Only thing you have to watch for is that they will break down occasionally.

Hope this helps.

Message 25 of 47 (2,617 Views)

Hero
@happygirl4321 Do you have no issues in houses without dust bunnies ?

There's been a general robot getting stuck issue going on for a while: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Robot-Vacuum-getting-stuck-cleaning/td-p/8187558

Is that what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 47 (2,596 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I ve just tested it in my game. The vacuum cleans up all of the messes  in houses without dust but then it indeed gets stuck. So I guess I have that bug as well. Great news.

Message 27 of 47 (2,540 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is an issue in my game as well. The robot vacuum will start the cleaning routine but then it just stops and wont even return to dock if told so.

On mac, patch 1.71.86.1220, no mods/cc, all released content installed except JtB. 

Message 28 of 47 (2,523 Views)

★★★ Guide

On mac, patch 1.71.86.1220, all released content installed except JtB.

Experiencing this issue. 

Message 29 of 47 (2,983 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think I figured it out. What you have to do to get it to have it return to dock is to move the actual dock to a different location while the vacuum is in progress cleaning, then it will return on its own. Yes it's annoying having to move it but it's better than having it stuck somewhere 

Message 30 of 47 (2,914 Views)