Re: [OPEN] [CD] Robot Vacuum getting stuck cleaning

by stjmk

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

is EA ever going to fix this or they going to just keep releasing half finished content that keeps being broken. i dont get why this game is so popular yet the support is so crap. they dont even care to fix basic bugs that have been around for 2 years.

Message 31 of 47 (1,842 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Notice that only one EA rep responded? At the very beginning. Then nothing. They just don’t care. It’s stuck for me too. They tell you “put it in a fresh house and try that.” But what they are really saying is “Don’t make more work for us! Deal with it!” So many bugs long after release. This is pure laziness on EA’s part. Absolute laziness. They are making money off the new packs and that’s all they want. They don’t want to fix anything. 

Message 32 of 47 (1,669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem and i’ve noticed that if you have the vacuum up against the wall, it won’t work. but if you put half of a block or one block away from the wall, it will work. 

Message 33 of 47 (1,566 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue.

Message 34 of 47 (1,422 Views)

★★ Apprentice

2 years later, this bug is still live.

Message 35 of 47 (1,304 Views)

Re: Vacuum Cleanor from Pets stop working after platforms

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Same problem here, looks just like your screenshot. Rolls out a few squares away from the base and just...stops.

Message 36 of 47 (1,253 Views)

★ Pro

I've placed multiple robot vacuums in multiple homes across a couple of saves and not seen this issue until now. I put one on each floor of the premade Duplantier haunted house and they both get stuck and don't return to the dock. Clicking return to dock doesn't work, I have to enter build mode and manually return them.

In this house, I suspect the platform in the small upstairs bedroom having something to do with the problem because the vacuums are getting stuck in the same places every time on both floors. Upstairs it makes it's way up onto the platform and gets stuck. The downstairs vacuum gets stuck in the small bathroom, which is directly below the platform area of the room above. So far, moving the dock position downstairs several times hasn't made any difference. Upstairs there isn't much space to move the dock around but I'm not sure it would make any difference since the vacuum probably shouldn't be able to make its way up onto a platform. I'm just going to switch to a handheld vacuum for the upstairs area.

I play on PC; English; 1.73.57.1030 and never used mods/cc. As mentioned, so far, this is the only house where my robot vacuums are getting stuck and not returning to the dock.

Message 37 of 47 (1,238 Views)

★★ Apprentice

With a fully patched game (1.73.57.1030) I thought I'd try again with the robot vacuum last night; it had been several months since I last tried them after I had all the annoying bugs mentioned throughout this thread.

Before I tried directing my sim to even use the robot vacuum, I had him fully upgrade both the vacuum and the dock. Then I had him set it for auto cleaning every 6 hours and then start the cleaning cycle. Lo and behold it worked PERFECTLY! Standard smile

*PAY ATTENTION TO PLACEMENT*:

I made sure that the BACK of the 'dock' was Not Against any wall; it was a half square OUT from the wall and that alone seemed to make all the difference.

Hope this Helps! Standard smile

Message 38 of 47 (1,212 Views)

★ Apprentice

I still have the problem with the robot vacuum placing it half a tile away from the wall does not work.

Message 39 of 47 (1,091 Views)

★★ Pro
@OopsStarratsOo Robot vacuums can be finicky. They also don't like anything hanging above them or being too close to walls, windows, doors, or other objects on either side.

I just use MOO and finagle them until they work.
Message 40 of 47 (1,067 Views)