[OPEN] [CD] Robot Vacuum always heads outside

by Simming_Spoonie

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Robot Vacuum always heads outside

★★ Novice

I have a multi story house with a balcony, and the vac on the upper floor goes out in the rain and breaks.

I tried putting the dock in different places, but the instant it starts the clean routine it goes out side first before doing any other rooms.

The one on the ground floor does exactly the same, but because the porches are covered, it does not break in the rain.

Occasionally, the ground floor one will break in the kitchen after going outside. Again, tried putting the doc in different places but still does the same routine every time.

The vac's are not upgraded as my sims are not handy.

Message 11 of 17 (1,279 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this issue and my house is on a foundation. My robot vacuums are always breaking and there is no option to make it unbreakable. I never have installed a mod or cc in my game. They constantly go outside and vacuum the grass and will break in the rain. 

Watch James Turner’s recent let’s play. He doesn’t use mods either. The robot vacuum goes out in the rain and snow, always breaks, never returns to the dock. These are the exact issues I’ve been having and what is complained about on this (rather old) thread. 

The robot vacuum has been unusable for me for years. 

Message 12 of 17 (1,183 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this too! 

The stoopid vacuum instantly heads outside. meanwhile, my "cat-friendly" home is full of hairballs 🤣

Latest version

EP: All except Island Living.
GP: Star Wars, Magic, Jungle, Vampire, Dine, Outdoor, Dream Home Decorator, Strangerville
SP: Knitting, Tiny, Laundry, Spooky

This home is in the new Cottage Living town. 

TS4_x64_CnwNvq1MmQ.jpg

Message 13 of 17 (1,144 Views)

★ Pro

This is happening to me, too. I'm pretty sure it's because my sims live in a penthouse, where the ground outside is considered flooring, not terrain. Simply being able to lock doors to the vacuum would provide a simple workaround, but of course we can't do that. I doubt this issue will ever be addressed, but here's hoping!

Message 14 of 17 (995 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have always had this problem with the robot vacuum.  I have never owned it and had it NOT do this, no matter if I'm on a foundation or not, or using platforms.  World and lot doesn't seem to matter either.  The vacuum goes outside and refuses to stay inside, even when there is a mess to clean inside and nothing outside. It will stay until it rains or snows, then it will break. I never upgrade them because the issue starts right away, so I don't see a point.  I try to find a way to keep it inside, but I've never been able to.  100% of the time.

Message 15 of 17 (884 Views)

★★ Pro

Yeah this one is so consistent that I'm a bit baffled that we don't have more reports. I haven't seen a mod that would help stop the vacuum robots from going outside. (If you know one, please share!) Maybe the feature is so annoyingly unreliable that people just don't use it then... Disappointed

Message 16 of 17 (863 Views)

★★★ Novice

The only thing that worked for me was putting down the illusion fencing that is flat on the ground. Your sim can walk over it but so far the vacuum hasn't. 

Message 17 of 17 (816 Views)