Betreff: Pre made pets disappeared

by amanda-amethyst

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Premade families are missing pets (new saves only)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I have been checking this issue a bit more and it seems like Mayor Whiskers and Captain Whitaker can be found in older saves if you still have them. When you start a new game, you won't be able to find them. I uploaded both strays to the gallery under my player ID so you will be able to retrieve them. By placing them into a household in Brindleton Bay and evicting this household you might find them back as stays. Check for not in this world in manage worlds.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 11 of 26 (1,273 Views)

Pre made pets disappeared

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 111111
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just open the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Pre made pets dissapeared completely after instanlling cottage living
What do you expect to see? THE PETS
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing cottage living.

I installed cottage living today and the pre made families that came with cats and dogs , don't have pets anymore. Cats and dogs disappeared. All mods and cc are disabled.

Message 12 of 26 (1,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same here! 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? German
How often does the bug occur? With every new Save
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just open the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Pre made pets dissapeared completely after instanlling cottage living
What do you expect to see? Pets are "gone" or looks really weird
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I'm not using mods or CC.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing cottage living.

So yes, I've got the same issue also I've got very strange pets. See attachement.  

I have repaired the game and deleted the cache. Problem still exists.

P.S: Pic 2 and the CAS Image is the same "pet". 

Message 13 of 26 (1,249 Views)

I did have this bug too after the patch but before CoL, after installing CoL the premade pets in families are back for me.

But: Mayor Whiskers and Whitaker do still have a blank family portrait and when I opened the Mayor‘s household a random sim was presented to me, so I assume these two are still gone. Additionally, I have some freshly generated stray pet-households that have extremely distorted portraits (as if you‘d stretch the pet into the shape of a sim) and once opened will show an equally distorted pet with a very long neck and the prompt to pick aspirations, humanoid traits and likes/disklikes.

Message 14 of 26 (1,224 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there an ongoing maintenance in the game? Because I also noticed that sims won't walk after giving them commands once you switch to another place in the house without them on the screen. They would only start moving if you check back on them. 

Message 15 of 26 (1,202 Views)

Hero
@gelo8081 That sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-won-t-complete-action-if-not-visible-to-player-Teleport-u...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 26 (1,186 Views)

★★★ Guide

With Cottage Living installed, the pets are back in Brindleton Bay household portraits, but not in the households themselves.

bb.png

Catarina Lynx is a lonely cat lady.

cl.png

Still no picture for the Mayor Whiskers or Whitaker households though, and a random sim in CAS for those households.

Message 17 of 26 (1,144 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ErikaEmmaS Having same issue. I don't play much with pets anyway so I hadn't noticed, but after seeing this post I checked. I started a new save file while I wait for MCCC to update and yeah, all pets are gone. I have no mods in game currently.
Message 18 of 26 (1,083 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Trismagistos Thank you so much! I’ll download them from the gallery. I do hope they will fix it though.
Message 19 of 26 (1,059 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I also have this bug. Completly up-to-date game, all the packs, new save, no mods.

Message 20 of 26 (1,020 Views)